Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ Mobile Phone SIM

NZ Mobile Phone SIM

Old Aug 8th 2003, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Mobile Phone SIM

You can get a Vodaphone pay-as-you-go mobile phone SIM card from http://the-internet-shop.co.uk/SIM_Cards/sim_cards.html

Sounds like a good deal, if you're planning a visit. Has anyone used this company to get a SIM?
Old Aug 9th 2003, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

A bit pricey though, at £32.45!! That's NZ$90 at an exch rate of $2.8 to the quid - they're $35.00 here in NZ.

If you need to get a NZ number pretty sharpish on arrival, bring your (unlocked) UK mobile - Vodafone have a shop that sells them in the arrivals hall at Auckland int. airport.

And if you're desperate for some reason to have one before u leave - I'd be happy to post one over - cost: a pint + the $35 lol

Russ
Old Aug 9th 2003, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a vodaphone sim the day after I arrived in NZ for my trip, It cost about $34 and as long as I top it up again by the same time next year, it stays active, the call rates were very reasonable and I had good coverage.
Old Aug 9th 2003, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by BritboyNZ
A bit pricey though, at £32.45!! That's NZ$90 at an exch rate of $2.8 to the quid - they're $35.00 here in NZ.

If you need to get a NZ number pretty sharpish on arrival, bring your (unlocked) UK mobile - Vodafone have a shop that sells them in the arrivals hall at Auckland int. airport.

And if you're desperate for some reason to have one before u leave - I'd be happy to post one over - cost: a pint + the $35 lol

Russ
I might take you up on that, Russ. Do you think it would get here by the end of next week? I'm planning a trip the week after and would like to give out a local mobile number before I get there, if possible.

$35 and a pint sounds very good value!
Old Aug 9th 2003, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sofistek
I might take you up on that, Russ. Do you think it would get here by the end of next week? I'm planning a trip the week after and would like to give out a local mobile number before I get there, if possible.

$35 and a pint sounds very good value!
As long as you have the number before you leave, couldn't you pick up the SIM when you get there, or have it sent to where you're staying?

Ben
Old Aug 9th 2003, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Ben.M
As long as you have the number before you leave, couldn't you pick up the SIM when you get there, or have it sent to where you're staying?

Ben
Absolutely. I've PM'ed Russ to see if he's willing to do something like that. However, £33 is no big deal as a one-off charge, if I have to purchase it here.
Old Aug 9th 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

More than happy to help....have sent u a PM Tony

All the best

Russ