Reload this Page >

NZ ICT (Loose) Jobs

NZ ICT (Loose) Jobs

Old Jun 10th 2003, 10:53 pm
Alias Boris-Scavalski

trevski_1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb NZ ICT (Loose) Jobs

Dear All

Have been quite disturbed by feedback from certain individuals on this forum, re: how difficult it is to get a job, I have never been unemployed ao don't know what it is like.

I have always managed to sell my skills, but even so though i'd do some research!!

Have spent the last few days researching the NZ job situation of the various types of ICT staff. Emailed around 40 agencies & the following is fairly indicative of the replies.

"In this extremely busy New Zealand IT marketplace it has become increasingly obvious that many IT Managers cannot consider international candidates unless they are here in person. Telephone conversations preceding coming to New Zealand for interviews can mean lengthy time delays and employing local
people is seen as an easier and faster process due to urgent needs.

New Zealand IT Managers not only look at a candidate's technical strengths, but also their ability to fit into a company's culture and working environment.

We have found that 80 - 90% of all people who visit New Zealand with marketable skills have found work reasonably easily. We encourage people who are committed to coming to New Zealand to first come over on a visitor's visa for interviews, although we cannot guarantee securing interviews or resulting employment.

If an interview is successful, most people will then be able to go home, resign from their current employer and be back in the country 4-7 weeks later rather than 2-4 months. In this instance you can apply for a work permit or permanent residency from your home country.

Please have a look at the New Zealand Immigration web site for any queries that you may have: http://www.immigration.govt.nz

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Sarah **** (Name removed to protect the innocent)
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ ICT (Loose) Jobs

Originally posted by trevski_1965
Dear All

Have been quite disturbed by feedback from certain individuals on this forum, re: how difficult it is to get a job, I have never been unemployed ao don't know what it is like.

I have always managed to sell my skills, but even so though i'd do some research!!

Have spent the last few days researching the NZ job situation of the various types of ICT staff. Emailed around 40 agencies & the following is fairly indicative of the replies.

"In this extremely busy New Zealand IT marketplace it has become increasingly obvious that many IT Managers cannot consider international candidates unless they are here in person. Telephone conversations preceding coming to New Zealand for interviews can mean lengthy time delays and employing local
people is seen as an easier and faster process due to urgent needs.

New Zealand IT Managers not only look at a candidate's technical strengths, but also their ability to fit into a company's culture and working environment.

We have found that 80 - 90% of all people who visit New Zealand with marketable skills have found work reasonably easily. We encourage people who are committed to coming to New Zealand to first come over on a visitor's visa for interviews, although we cannot guarantee securing interviews or resulting employment.

If an interview is successful, most people will then be able to go home, resign from their current employer and be back in the country 4-7 weeks later rather than 2-4 months. In this instance you can apply for a work permit or permanent residency from your home country.

Please have a look at the New Zealand Immigration web site for any queries that you may have: http://www.immigration.govt.nz

We look forward to hearing from you again.

Kind regards,

Sarah **** (Name removed to protect the innocent)
Hi,

Private sent