Reload this Page >

NZ House/Work Visa nightmare

NZ House/Work Visa nightmare

Old Dec 17th 2003, 8:06 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default NZ House/Work Visa nightmare

hello all,

ok went to new zealand house today, got hubbys work visa, but was told by immigration that me and kids cant travel with him on one-way ticket without me having work visa and kids having student visa's, he told me to arrange a refundable return flight for me and kids then when we arrive cancel them and get visa's from dunedin,

Has anyone else had this situation, any advice greatly received...or does anyone have advice where i can buy refundable tickets from, as we fly on the 27th Dec, so need to get these sorted asap,

Stressed Lottie

:scared:
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:06 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

This sounds insane....

When Mrs DUP and I came out to Sydney we came on 3 month holiday visas, with one-way flights, and sorted out my work visa when I got here. That took 4 weeks, and I couldn't work during that time.

But at no stage were we told we needed return trip tickets. :scared:

I'd double-check that information.... maybe with the guy's supervisor / manager. He may be talking out of his proverbial.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:17 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

DUP Australian immigration could have sent you home for not having a return flight or the funds for one. An ETA does not guarantee entry.

NZ is the only country I have ever been to where I have been asked for evidence of a return flight. Check that having funds for the return is enough for them.

Being an international tyrant doesn't help these days.
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:26 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by bondipom
DUP Australian immigration could have sent you home for not having a return flight or the funds for one. An ETA does not guarantee entry.

NZ is the only country I have ever been to where I have been asked for evidence of a return flight. Check that having funds for the return is enough for them.

Being an international tyrant doesn't help these days.
Blimey! Just as well that no-one asked or we'd have been screwed!:scared:
Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:53 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by downunderpom
Blimey! Just as well that no-one asked or we'd have been screwed!:scared:
I doubt it happens that often but DIMIA can send you home if they suspect you here for reasons other than being a visitor. I guess it depends on whether they like the look of you.

I guess NZ and me started on the wrong foot. Why would I want to overstay there?