Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ here I come watch out!!!!

NZ here I come watch out!!!!

Old May 11th 2003, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

valleygirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ here I come watch out!!!!

Just to let everone know that at 9am this morning I recieved confirmation that I can now resign!!!!!!!!

The job in Hamilton was confirmed and the visa stuff from their end will be set in motion tomorrow.

Sweaty palms or what!!!!!!!
Old May 11th 2003, 11:04 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ here I come watch out!!!!

Originally posted by valleygirl
Just to let everone know that at 9am this morning I recieved confirmation that I can now resign!!!!!!!!

The job in Hamilton was confirmed and the visa stuff from their end will be set in motion tomorrow.

HOORAY! There is no better feeling in the world than handing in your notice at work!

Enjoy....
Old May 11th 2003, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

tracey710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default congrats

well done, can i ask how long it has taken you to get this far. i have been told i need a job offer to get the extra points.we are not looking to go till next year as we have big holiday with friends in dec,but i don't know when to start applying for jobs. do you apply for job and then put in application or the other way round. we are looking to go south island new zealand.
Old May 11th 2003, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey valleygirl

Blimey that was quick!!! Congratulations on getting the job offer. Hope everything works out for you

russ
Old May 11th 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

i see from your id that you are in auckland have you always been there ,how long ,do you regret the move . give me any advice you can as i said we are looking at south island but this may change if i can't get a job there. hubby likes look of northland.
Old May 11th 2003, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Girl !!!!

Go get em'
Old May 11th 2003, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tracey710
i see from your id that you are in auckland have you always been there ,how long ,do you regret the move . give me any advice you can as i said we are looking at south island but this may change if i can't get a job there. hubby likes look of northland.
I've been in Akl for the past 2.5yrs, though have travelled extensively round the country. Main reason for staying there is that the vast majority of my work is in Auckland (IT contractor). No regrets whatsoever. Auckland is a great place & has LOTS of things to do in akl itself or within a couple of hrs travelling. Good nightlife compared to say, Christchurch or smaller towns. Downsides are bad traffic congestion/poor public transport, higher property costs (real estate & rental). Akl is a large city, however not a patch on Sydney or London.

I was considering moving to Wellington awhile back, however for me it's a bit quiet (sorry Wellingtonians) plus harder for me work wise. Would move to Queenstown tomorrow, however there is absolutely No work there for me & refuse to slum it!!

Best advice I can give you is to go to NZ with an open mind as to where you are going to settle - try somewhere, and if you like it great, if not try somewhere else. I know people who won't live anywhere except Akl, and someone else who loves dunedin. If I had my time in NZ again, I would have spent 1.5yrs in Akl, and 1.5yrs in Welly.

All the best

Russ.
Old May 11th 2003, 3:02 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one, you sexy minx (she knows what I mean!)

Cheers - Don
Old May 11th 2003, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: congrats

Originally posted by tracey710
well done, can i ask how long it has taken you to get this far. i have been told i need a job offer to get the extra points.we are not looking to go till next year as we have big holiday with friends in dec,but i don't know when to start applying for jobs. do you apply for job and then put in application or the other way round. we are looking to go south island new zealand.

Hi Tracey

Well I can tell you that from the time of seriously considering NZ to job offer took me about 6 weeks!!! I know I cant believe it myself sometimes
I have been just thinking about going for about 2 years then I suppose thought bugger it just go for it and see what happens.
My husband and I both got really good feedback from prospective employers out there (he is an engineer).
I am not going there on my first choice when it comes to jobs. I started out as a beauty therapist now teach anatomy and physiology. I noticed that beauty was on the OSL and decided to go for it!! Aparently they love british Beauty therapists out there and I saw it as an in!!
I am not sure weather Hamilton is the place for me but again you dont know unless you try.
As you can imagine I am thrilled and scared all at the same time.
Good luck to anyone who is trying to get work at the moment.

Amanda
Old May 11th 2003, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

hi amanda, i can't work out if you already have your visa or now that you have a job offer you can apply
Old May 11th 2003, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Tracey

Go to chat Rm

Amanda
Old May 11th 2003, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

i'm in the chat room now had trouble
Old May 11th 2003, 9:48 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

GO AMANDA :PARTY: GO AMANDA:PARTY:

Well done really pleased for you.

Paula
Old May 12th 2003, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by BritboyNZ
I've been in Akl for the past 2.5yrs, though have travelled extensively round the country. Main reason for staying there is that the vast majority of my work is in Auckland (IT contractor). No regrets whatsoever. Auckland is a great place & has LOTS of things to do in akl itself or within a couple of hrs travelling. Good nightlife compared to say, Christchurch or smaller towns. Downsides are bad traffic congestion/poor public transport, higher property costs (real estate & rental). Akl is a large city, however not a patch on Sydney or London.

I was considering moving to Wellington awhile back, however for me it's a bit quiet (sorry Wellingtonians) plus harder for me work wise. Would move to Queenstown tomorrow, however there is absolutely No work there for me & refuse to slum it!!

Best advice I can give you is to go to NZ with an open mind as to where you are going to settle - try somewhere, and if you like it great, if not try somewhere else. I know people who won't live anywhere except Akl, and someone else who loves dunedin. If I had my time in NZ again, I would have spent 1.5yrs in Akl, and 1.5yrs in Welly.

All the best

Russ.

Would you settle there (NZ) for good though Russ?

Slippers
Old May 12th 2003, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: congrats

Hi Tracey

Well I can tell you that from the time of seriously considering NZ to job offer took me about 6 weeks!!! I know I cant believe it myself sometimes
I have been just thinking about going for about 2 years then I suppose thought bugger it just go for it and see what happens.
My husband and I both got really good feedback from prospective employers out there (he is an engineer).
I am not going there on my first choice when it comes to jobs. I started out as a beauty therapist now teach anatomy and physiology. I noticed that beauty was on the OSL and decided to go for it!! Aparently they love british Beauty therapists out there and I saw it as an in!!
I am not sure weather Hamilton is the place for me but again you dont know unless you try.
As you can imagine I am thrilled and scared all at the same time.
Good luck to anyone who is trying to get work at the moment.

Amanda

Hi

Has your husband had any job offers or other STRONG indications of future work? Is the work (if any) permanent and full time?
Are you relying on "once we are there"?

Slippers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.