Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NZ Do they check job offer by phone?

NZ Do they check job offer by phone?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 4:07 pm
Drowning Member

Surfer Chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Do they check job offer by phone?

Spoke to someone at NZIS London today, I 'm not totally confident in her. She said by looking at her screen she can see that we have passed the initial inquiries and all that is necessary now is to check the job offer. She does not now if someone has initiated that or not yet.

She then said it will take 3 weeks to get there and 2 weeks to get back

I had read somewhere that they call the employer, which is a dam site quicker. Anybody know how theirs was done?

Surfer Chick
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:19 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ Do they check job offer by phone?

Originally Posted by Surfer Chick
Spoke to someone at NZIS London today, I 'm not totally confident in her. She said by looking at her screen she can see that we have passed the initial inquiries and all that is necessary now is to check the job offer. She does not now if someone has initiated that or not yet.

She then said it will take 3 weeks to get there and 2 weeks to get back

I had read somewhere that they call the employer, which is a dam site quicker. Anybody know how theirs was done?

Surfer Chick
They never used to check at all...
Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:16 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NZ Do they check job offer by phone?

As far as I know, no-one checked up on my hubby's job offer - we just had to provide an official letter stating the offer and all the work conditions/ employment contract business.

That was for a temp working visa though.

NZIS did phone up hubby's boss to check he was working there as part of the EOI checks though. (Mind you, our PR application is being processed in NZ and we are in NZ so that might make a difference? )

Five weeks is a horribly long time to wait for someone to say 'yes, I offered them a job'. Vodka may be your only comfort for a while!