NZ Defacto

Old Sep 14th 2002, 12:58 pm
JPW
Forum Regular

JPW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NZ Defacto

Does anyone have any experience of this? I am a Kiwi Citizen and my GF is a brit, we've documented proof of relationship for over two years and qualify no problems - was wondering if anyone has useful tips or can give me an idea of the time frame invovled for getting this approved?

TIA
J
Old Sep 14th 2002, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

jaycee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NZ Defacto

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I have successfully
done the de facto route and it was all really straight forward.

What I would recommend is if it is possible is to go to NZ House in London (assuming you're near London) or phone them, armed with any questions you might have before starting the process as they're really very helpful.

Once you got the documents read through them with a fine tooth comb then fill them out. It's as simple as that.

One word of advice is to go over the top with evidence of relationship (eg Supporting letters from family), as more is better than less.

Once you've done all that, send it off and expect to wait 2 months for approval. You should have no probs.

Oh yeah, with photo evidence try and put the date on the back of the photos to give them an idea of the time frame.

Hope all works out that she'll get the thumbs up

Jaycee
Originally posted by JPW:
Does anyone have any experience of this? I am a Kiwi Citizen and my GF is a brit, we've documented proof of relationship for over two years and qualify no problems - was wondering if anyone has useful tips or can give me an idea of the time frame invovled for getting this approved?

TIA
J