NZ Citizen

Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute
Default NZ Citizen

can anybody tell me, my friend will get citizenship in NZ next year, will she be able to come over and live here in oz.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:27 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NZ Citizen

This may help

http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/nz_visa/

Old Aug 16th 2005, 6:32 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

and this one

http://www.immi.gov.au/facts/17nz.htm#visas

Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:27 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
can anybody tell me, my friend will get citizenship in NZ next year, will she be able to come over and live here in oz.

Yes, but no longer with full permanent residence rights unless she applies for and is granted a permanent visa:
http://www.nz-oz.gov.au

General skilled (points tested) and employer nomination are the usual ways.

Also - she should remember that NZ will expect to see her planning to stay there when she becomes a citizen (what happens is that people change their mind afterwards) so she should forget about the idea entirely for now.

Jeremy