Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

(NZ) 'abnormal' chest xray - ANY advice pls

Wikiposts

(NZ) 'abnormal' chest xray - ANY advice pls

Old Oct 2nd 2002, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light
Default (NZ) 'abnormal' chest xray - ANY advice pls

We just got results for medicals/chest x-rays (NZ permanent residence) - all fine, EXCEPT my chest x-ray showed "minor hyperinflation - could indicate mild COPD. Otherwise no abnormalities detected".

Bummer!!!!!

NZ embassy told me all 'abnormal' xrays are automatically sent off to NZ to be checked by radiologist (said takes 4-5 weeks).

Any idea what this could mean to our application, besides the 4-5 week delay??? (we haven't submitted appl yet)

When I called my doctor in a panic, he said this result isn't even something he needs to see me for -just means it's a wake-up call for me to quit smoking. He can't imagine me being denied my visa for this. But he knows nothing about NZ immigration...

Has anyone had similar xray results? Any idea if NZ immigration has ever turned any one down for an xray 'abnormality' that isn't TB or cancer, and doesn't require treatment?

If you don't know, do you know who I can contact for dependable advice? This not knowing is stressing me out!

Thanks so much for any advice!

The American
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 4:35 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: (NZ) 'abnormal' chest xray - ANY advice pls

I can relate to this,as it happened to me,but for Aus,though I'm sure it's much the same.
The doc told me not to worry,easy for him to say.
AHC then contacted me to say my x-ray had been sent to the Chief Medical Officer in Sydney,& they would contact me in 4 weeks.Ten days later they told me to send the passports as it was all o.k.
So try not to worry,but giving up the cancer sticks is good advice.
p.s i wrote about this on a thread,titled "yipee-good news (ish) if you do a search
BB
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light

THank you BB, you've made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you're right about giving up the cancer sticks. Let me add here a P.S. i wrote, then deleted, from my original message:

TO ALL YOU SMOKERS OUT THERE: QUIT NOW WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD! MAKE QUITTING PART OF YOUR NEW LIFE IN THE NEW WORLD YOU'RE HEADING OFF TO. I'M PROBABLY A BIT OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, AND IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR ME, IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU - BUT THE CLOCK IS TICKING... TICK.... TICK... TICK.... TICK...
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 6:37 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by The American:
THank you BB, you've made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you're right about giving up the cancer sticks. Let me add here a P.S. i wrote, then deleted, from my original message:

TO ALL YOU SMOKERS OUT THERE: QUIT NOW WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD! MAKE QUITTING PART OF YOUR NEW LIFE IN THE NEW WORLD YOU'RE HEADING OFF TO. I'M PROBABLY A BIT OLDER THAN MOST OF YOU, AND IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR ME, IT'S NOT TOO LATE FOR YOU - BUT THE CLOCK IS TICKING... TICK.... TICK... TICK.... TICK...
Encephalitis is a different issue and very serious too.

Cheers - Don
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:30 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers - Don [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Im sorry Don but I dont understand the relevance of your comment??
Old Oct 2nd 2002, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by pleasancefamily:

Cheers - Don
Your comment has been bothering me all day, seemed very sinister - but I re-read my last comments, and figured it out. Very funny!! Anyone else get it? Should be worth atleast 1 NZ pass point...

TA