Wikiposts

Nvq3

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:17 am
Just Joined

onion196 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Nvq3

Hi can anyone tell me why an NVQ3 in Childcare is not recognised in Australia, but an NNEB is when they are the same standards? One is just done through on the job training and the other in the classroom!
Is there any further qualification I can do over here that is recognised in Australia?
One more thing I have found out that Nursery Nurses are an in demand skill, yet is not listed on SOL!
Any help would be gratefully received as I seem to have tried most things without success!
Many Thanks
Niki
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

sven37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OOooooo

Gonna bump this in the hope we can find something out.......

We have exactly the same, but would prefer NZ...

Hope someone can help.....

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: OOooooo

Anyone, please?!?!
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

gwrees is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nvq3

Originally posted by onion196
Hi can anyone tell me why an NVQ3 in Childcare is not recognised in Australia, but an NNEB is when they are the same standards? One is just done through on the job training and the other in the classroom!
Is there any further qualification I can do over here that is recognised in Australia?
One more thing I have found out that Nursery Nurses are an in demand skill, yet is not listed on SOL!
Any help would be gratefully received as I seem to have tried most things without success!
Many Thanks
Niki

What about NVQ 3 in Caring, hospitals and stuff, like an auxilliary nurse. My wifes done that for the last 10 years, does anybody know if thats recognised over there, all we hear is that registered nurses are needed, nothing about the ones who actually do the work
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

hi onion196

Sorry can't help i'm in the same position as you. Can't believe all my work and experience will account for nothing.

What governing body did you use. my brother in law is an NVQ childcare assessor he says to ring Cache, which is the NVQ did, and ask if they have anything that will prove the level of training you have undertaken, to show to prospective employers.

I also thought of cutting out adverts in the paper that show "qualifications required NNEB, Childcare Diploma, NVQ or equivalent" which will prove they are on a par with each other. another thing was to write to the education department in the area you are going to be living ( in my case Brisbane) asking advice.

I may also ask the Agency dealing with our immigration to see if they can shed any light.

Steph x

Visa's imminent- house not sold yet
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:40 am
Gremlin

Originally posted by gwrees
What about NVQ 3 in Caring, hospitals and stuff, like an auxilliary nurse. My wifes done that for the last 10 years, does anybody know if thats recognised over there, all we hear is that registered nurses are needed, nothing about the ones who actually do the work
As I understand it there is no shortage of nursing assistants in Australia. Even Registered Nurse Level 2 (Enrolled Nurse) are not in demand; it is only Level 1s that are required - it is the same situation in the UK.

As your wife has NVQ 3 in Healthcare she has the necessary entry requirements to apply for RN Level 1 training. It is possible that she could be seconded and retain her existing salary.

Keith

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , Im amazed the NNEB is high on the wanted list as I have seen nothing off it anywhere !!
Ive been looking at the Advertiser newspaper and they seem to have loads of nanny jobs but want level 1 to5 ?
I have contacted Dial an angel .They have offices in Adelaide (where we are going),Melbourne and Sydney.They seemed interested and have invited me for an interview when we get there but also want lots of written and verbal contacts,medicals,police checks ect.I am a Australian which has made things a little easier as I will be able to work straight away but its worth looking into.
Im probebly not going to work unless hubbie finds it really hard to get a job but am really hoping to do midwifery at Flinders uni in Adelaide.

Good luck.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Hi Steph (and all others!)
Thanks for your comments, will give them all a try!
I am also hoping to move to brisbane so it will be interesting to see what you find when you get there!
So far the only thing I seem to be able to study from here is a certificate lll which from what I can gather is equvilent to NVQ2, so therefore I will study for something which makes me less qualified when I get there! lol
Never mind, will keep trying!
Niki x
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 9:47 am
Just Joined

One more thing, looking through my work to see which governing body I used to see if it means anything to Cache. How would I go about contacting Cache? Would I just go to a local college or is there a more direct way.
Many Thanks
Niki

ps Steph or Snow White, did you say what your occupation was on your application as I can't seem to find it listed anywhere?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi Onion196

Didn't put anything on application as we are going on a temp 4 yr visa with my husband being sponsored.
cache website is www.cache.org.uk

i have an info sheet i will see if i can find it and try to send it to you tomorrow.

Steph
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think it was on our application? We are applying for a spouse visa for english hubbie ,I dont think they were too bothered about me !!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

onion196

Not very good with the tech side of computers. Can you send me your email address via a private message so I can send you a sheet I have from Cache and also any other info we may find for each other in the future.

Stef
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Keith & Val
As I understand it there is no shortage of nursing assistants in Australia. Even Registered Nurse Level 2 (Enrolled Nurse) are not in demand; it is only Level 1s that are required - it is the same situation in the UK.

As your wife has NVQ 3 in Healthcare she has the necessary entry requirements to apply for RN Level 1 training. It is possible that she could be seconded and retain her existing salary.

Keith
I think you may be wrong about this.
A registered Nurse level 2 is one grade higher than a level 1 it is not an enrolled Nurse.
All Registered Nurses are in Demand.
Enrolled nurses are a different category

G
Old Feb 4th 2004, 3:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
I think you may be wrong about this.
A registered Nurse level 2 is one grade higher than a level 1 it is not an enrolled Nurse.
All Registered Nurses are in Demand.
Enrolled nurses are a different category

G
Just to clarify this.

A registered Nurse (division 1) is a registered Nurse.
In some states an Enrolled Nurse is known as a Registered Nurse (Division 2) .
The LEVEL relates to the Seniority of a registered Nurse.

www.anci.org.au

G
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Sorry onion196

sent you a copy of the leaflet, but its MASSIVE. I told you I was crap. I'll get my hubby to send it too you a lot smaller in about an hour

Steph

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.