Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nursing question!

Nursing question!

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:49 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Question Nursing question!

Hi - any nurses out there who have some top tips for me?

I am about to get my paperwork certified for the ANMC -
should I send the original of my nursing syllabus or get a copy certified?

ditto with my employment history letter?

will I need these for when I register with the victoria state?

does anybody know more about registering with victoria? I am applying for a family sponsored visa and so don't need to register yet - but I am trying to think ahead & want to try to get the Nursing council to send another validation out to them. Is this too early? We want to be in AUS for next xmas.

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

Lotte
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nursing question!

Originally Posted by charlotte

does anybody know more about registering with victoria? I am applying for a family sponsored visa and so don't need to register yet - but I am trying to think ahead & want to try to get the Nursing council to send another validation out to them. Is this too early? We want to be in AUS for next xmas.

Lotte
Hi there,
try the nurses forum for loads of useful info.
get all of your documents certified, you should'nt sent originals.
I know it has taken people a while to get registered with various nursing boards so I would do it sooner than later.
we started the process of getting documentation together last christmas, visa application sent in june and granted yesterday.
just try to be organised and be prepared for the long wait.
all the best
jacqui
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlotte

Lotte
Hi Lotte!
Some of my nursing stuff was sent straight from the school of nursing to Australia, other things I got certified then sent a copy. I didn't get a second validation sent as the ANMC will send their file onto whichever state you like. After you have your skills assessed by ANMC they will hold onto the file for I think a year. When I arrived I just called them and asked them to send it to the Nurses Board of Victoria. I sent in my application and money and the registration from there took about 8 weeks.
Good luck!
Ruth
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:49 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pootle
Hi Lotte!
Some of my nursing stuff was sent straight from the school of nursing to Australia, other things I got certified then sent a copy. I didn't get a second validation sent as the ANMC will send their file onto whichever state you like. After you have your skills assessed by ANMC they will hold onto the file for I think a year. When I arrived I just called them and asked them to send it to the Nurses Board of Victoria. I sent in my application and money and the registration from there took about 8 weeks.
Good luck!
Ruth
thanks Ruth!
Great tip for me.
best wishes
Lotte