Reload this Page >

Nursing in Perth

Nursing in Perth

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

crabbejo will become famous soon enough
Default Nursing in Perth

Hi all,

Just made the decision to move to Oz and have a job interview lined up for a hospital in Perth. Just looking for some info from anyone on nursing in Perth eg hospitals, nurse/patient ratio etc. Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Nursing in Perth

Hi there
I'm a nurse too and also heading to Perth, but unfortunately not able to tell you the ratios. Have you tried the nursing forum - very helpful.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi there
I'm a nurse too and also heading to Perth, but unfortunately not able to tell you the ratios. Have you tried the nursing forum - very helpful.
Will have a look thanks. When are u moving over?
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crabbejo
Will have a look thanks. When are u moving over?
Which hospital? There are quite a few nurses on here working in Perth.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Which hospital? There are quite a few nurses on here working in Perth.
Mount Hospital, it's their graduate programme i am looking at.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

safedisk is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Just wanted to join the thread. My family are hoping to go to Perth, hoping to apply in Feb/March this year. I qualified last september and have been working on a busy medical ward since, my hubby works in IT, also currently doing a graphic design hnd course. We have friends who moved to perth three years ago (non-nursing though). We have two boys aged 10 and 8 who cant wait to go.

We're going to apply with an immigration agent who my friend went with, and they have an open day in feb so we're gonna wait till then to get some more info and then gonna apply.

Hopefully this board will help a lot with information, just wanted to say hi.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 12:01 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crabbejo
Mount Hospital, it's their graduate programme i am looking at.
Will you be on a permanent or temporary visa?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=JAJ;7202895]Will you be on a permanent or temporary visa?[/QUOT

i am looking to get a permanent sponsorship visa with the hospital. I need to get a lot more information though. Have just really started to seriously look at the process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by safedisk
Hi,

Just wanted to join the thread. My family are hoping to go to Perth, hoping to apply in Feb/March this year. I qualified last september and have been working on a busy medical ward since, my hubby works in IT, also currently doing a graphic design hnd course. We have friends who moved to perth three years ago (non-nursing though). We have two boys aged 10 and 8 who cant wait to go.

We're going to apply with an immigration agent who my friend went with, and they have an open day in feb so we're gonna wait till then to get some more info and then gonna apply.

Hopefully this board will help a lot with information, just wanted to say hi.

Just wanted to say hi. We are roughly in the same situation, two kids 6 and 9. My husband is a telecoms engineer and i have just qualified. We dont know anyone over in Perth though but have heard it is fantastic for families. Good luck