British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nursing and P.R's. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nursing-p-rs-104803/)

Chris000 Apr 13th 2001 2:18 pm

Hi all,

Dont know if anyone can help with this one, it goes like this, as some of you will know my wife, a registered nurse is the main applicant. Our application is in along with the skills assessment, (skilled independant visa).
All seemed to be well. skills assessment was good, and we had no reason to doubt that this enabled her to qualify for the 60 points needed.
Then I receive an e-mail from another registered nurse who tells me he has been told by immigration he can not apply as a registered nurse, even though he has the ANCI skills assessment and is already registered with a nursing authority in Australia as a registered nurse !!! Confused...so am I !! apparently without a degree in nursing his qualification is no good?!?
Now we have not seen it written anywhere in the application process or the skills application that you MUST have a nursing degree.
Any help appreciated, :confused:

Chris.

david.hutchins Apr 16th 2001 5:11 pm

My wife is a registered nurse who has neither a degree nor a diploma and this was
acceptable, she is also the main applicant..

--

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Chris000 Apr 16th 2001 8:48 pm

Hi David,

It sound like your circs are similar to ours, if you want to e-mail me off forum I'd be very interested to hear about how the process is going for you etc etc....

You can get my e-mail address from here as I've registered.

If not leave a message on here.

Cheers,

Chris.

sam reed Apr 16th 2001 9:32 pm

Hi. Whats this about nurses having to have a degree? Its the first I've heard about
it. Is there some small print hiden away? Have you got any info on this? Sam

=====
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>> Hi all,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Dont know if anyone can help with this one, it goes like this, as some of you will[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> know my wife, a registered nurse is the main applicant. Our application is in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> along with the skills assessment, (skilled independant visa). All seemed to be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> well. skills assessment was good, and we had no reason to doubt that this enabled[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> her to qualify for the 60 points needed. Then I receive an e-mail from another[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> registered nurse who tells me he has been told by immigration he can not apply as[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> a registered nurse, even though he has the ANCI skills assessment and is already[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> registered with a nursing authority in Australia as a registered nurse[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> !!! Confused...so am I !! apparently without a degree in nursing his[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> qualification is no good?!? Now we have not seen it written anywhere in the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> application process or the skills application that you MUST have a nursing degree.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Any help appreciated, :confused:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Chris.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> --[/usenetquote2]

>

------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

philian4 Apr 20th 2005 1:21 am

Re: Nursing and P.R's.

Originally Posted by Chris
Hi all,

Dont know if anyone can help with this one, it goes like this, as some of you will know my wife, a registered nurse is the main applicant. Our application is in along with the skills assessment, (skilled independant visa).
All seemed to be well. skills assessment was good, and we had no reason to doubt that this enabled her to qualify for the 60 points needed.
Then I receive an e-mail from another registered nurse who tells me he has been told by immigration he can not apply as a registered nurse, even though he has the ANCI skills assessment and is already registered with a nursing authority in Australia as a registered nurse !!! Confused...so am I !! apparently without a degree in nursing his qualification is no good?!?
Now we have not seen it written anywhere in the application process or the skills application that you MUST have a nursing degree.
Any help appreciated, :confused:

Chris.

hi,

We arrived 3 months ago.....2 nurses and no nursing degrees??!! :confused:

Phil x

JAJ Apr 20th 2005 2:33 am

Re: Nursing and P.R's.

Originally Posted by Chris
Hi all,

Chris.

Either your friend misunderstood what he was told, or he was misinformed. The ANMC skill assessment is all you need for the 60 points as a nurse - no need for a degree.

Jeremy