Reload this Page >

Nursing In Melbourne.

Nursing In Melbourne.

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

lou_pete will become famous soon enough
Wink Nursing In Melbourne.

Hi all

I'm Lucy . My hubby, Pete and our two children (aged 4 and 6) are moving to Melbourne later this year. I'm a nurse. I have worked within the areas of Orthopaedics, general surgery, sexual health, and elderly care. Been nursing for 11 years now (including my 3 years training). I'm 30. We will be going out on 457 visa, with the aim for PR, later on.

Hubby is a HGV driver, he will have to retest out there, so hopefully we can crack on with that, reasonably quickly.

Just want to know from anyone who can give some info/advice on the nursing over there. Also, the hours, how family friendly they are, the differences in nursing in OZ to the UK. Could anyone give me any tips to prepare? I'm going via 'Healthstaff recruitment' agency. Has anyone had any dealings with them? They seem pretty on the ball to me.

Is it relatively easy to gain childcare, when both me and hubby are working?

We are a crazy family, who enjoy most things. Motorbikes, water sports, 'LOUD' music - punk is hubby and my preference. Kids have a fancy for anything they can dance to!
We're quite musical too, playing guitar, harmonica..... but hey, we'll give anything a go. Does'nt always sound so good though! Hahaha.
Loads of wine too.... thats the ticket.

By the way, just so you know..... I have a bad phobia of ballet dancers. I'd rather be thrown into a pit of snakes and spiders than see one toddling on those bleedin' awful shoe thingys! Yuck.... makes me die just thinking of them. Anyway, i just hope to death my daughter does'nt ask to join a local ballet class..... God help me! Hahahaha

So, any info/advice, you can spare, i would be really greatful.

Cheers guys. Look forward to any replies.

PACHOW and BIG BEERS and NO MORE FEARS!

Swing ya pants.