Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nursing in mandurah and what is the place like

nursing in mandurah and what is the place like

Old Nov 17th 2014, 12:37 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing in mandurah and what is the place like

I never had a problem getting a job.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 1:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Correct, for a city with a population over 500,000 Honolulu is the most remote from a city of comparable population.

For a city with a population over 1,000,000, Auckland is the most remote from a city of comparable population (Sydney).

Perth is second, and oh my, we generally love the fact
In a jet/internet/telephone age, isolation is a state of mind

Although for Chinese peasants living in the Gobi desert it probably is kind of real
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
In a jet/internet/telephone age, isolation is a state of mind

Although for Chinese peasants living in the Gobi desert it probably is kind of real
Fabulous, I will stop going on holidays and quick weekend breaks and just look at pictures on the internet. Maybe ring someone.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
I never had a problem getting a job.
I guess at least you do have experience on your side, but it does show the jobs are still there, just less than before. There were a few others that have come from the UK around the same time as you too, aren't there, proves its very possible to get jobs still
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
To a Brit, a population of 81,000 is similar to a town, not a city. It is easy for a Brit to think a town in Australia is same as a town in UK, to think rural Australia is a bit like rural UK, to really not have any idea of distances and how far it might be to get from one place to the next. I am just trying to encourage OP to think wider than one small "city" of 81,000. Hope that is ok with you.

And as we are splitting hairs, it is the second most remote city in the world, after Honolulu. My bad. But the point really is, that this remoteness does not suit everyone.
You're very touchy, aren't you? Yes, of course it 'is ok with me' for our opinions to differ - what makes you think that it wouldn't be
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:58 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

"Most remote from a comparable population". What an utterly ridiculous statistic. WTF does it matter whether the population is comparable.

The point is simply about having places to visit, things to do. From Auckland, I can go on holiday to all the lovely Pacific Islands, I can visit other cities in NZ, enjoy winter sports in Queenstown, visit various places on the east coast of Australia. All within a few hours flight. You cannot say that about Perth. I don't know why people want to pretend otherwise.
<yawn> - whatever floats your boat.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 3:59 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

<yawn> - whatever floats your boat.
Did you really yawn ??
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:01 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Did you really yawn ??
Yep!
Old Nov 17th 2014, 4:02 am
FREE TIBET

Yep!
Ok,just asking
Old Nov 18th 2014, 8:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Spent a bit of time around Mandurah on my last visit, I personally reckon it's one of the prettiest towns I've seen in Aus. People very friendly, fantastic water aspects, some of the best I've seen actually. Perth is quite a pleasant city as well, however just to spell it out, Mandurah is 3,500 kilometers from Melbourne, the closest big metropolis which would take at least 4 days to drive, more like 5 days to make the 2,100 mile trip. Some people like that fact, others dont. Best ask yourself what kind of person are you likely to be in that situation. Sometimes I personally feel isolated from the rest of the world in a city of almost 4.5 million, so god knows what I'd be like in a small town south of the 4th biggest and remotest city in Aus.

Having said that, it really is a nice place and one of the better towns I've seen in my 3 decades in Aus. South Western Australia is a great part of the world... Depends mostly on yourself how you'll go there. Definitely nice enough for me to look forwards to driving back rather than flying there one day.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 10:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous, I will stop going on holidays and quick weekend breaks and just look at pictures on the internet. Maybe ring someone.
As usual on BE, posts aren't being read properly - but then again, it is pom heavy

An aspect of the 'jet age' is budget airlines combined with A320s, A330s and B737s means that the country and region is your oyster for not much money and time expended

Happy days

Isolation is a state of mind
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:50 am
Concierge

One of the best things about BE is that people get a variety of responses to their questions. I think that's terrific, as getting so many different perspectives can only assist in making these hugely important decisions, the OP's question about Mandurah being a case in point.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amy1985
hi my cousin lives in mandurah if im spelling it correctly. im thinking when we make the move to luve near her but im conscious about working as a nurse. my cousin said theres three hospitals within an hours drive some closer than others would I have to apply to the hospiraks direct or through an agency? what is mandurah like?

I live a 20-minute drive from Mandurah and think it is a lovely, picturesque place and have visited dozens of times since moving to WA three years ago. The foreshore, Venetian Canal area and Dolphin Quay are brilliant.

Nearly moved to the beachside estate Seascapes in Halls Head not far from the city centre but decided it was a tad too far for work as myself and my husband work in Perth. Rockingham General and Waikiki private hospitals are an easy drive from Mandurah and well under an hour's drive from Mandurah.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
As usual on BE, posts aren't being read properly - but then again, it is pom heavy

An aspect of the 'jet age' is budget airlines combined with A320s, A330s and B737s means that the country and region is your oyster for not much money and time expended

Happy days

To take my family, me, the wife and two kids to Perth by plane would cost a minimum of 1600 bucks usually, more like 2000 You can get a full weeks holiday including accom maybe longer along most of the Eastern seaboard for that. So Perth is a rare treat for most people on this side of Aus.... It's barely worth it really. Tis hard to get cheap accom over there as well. I was pleasantly surprised though that it is sufficiently different enough to warrant a slow trip back by road some time in the future.

So comparatively as a holiday destination from this side of Aus, it's way down the list.... Trouble is over there within Aus you have no choice, and are behind 2000 if your the average family before you leave your front door.

It is a feel good place, I'll give you that.

Mandurah is the only place I know that you are almost 100pct guranteed to see Dolphins if you go looking for them.... I'd say there are plenty of others, but they are everywhere there. That novelty would probably wear off after a decade though.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 18th 2014 at 8:11 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 10:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
To take my family, me, the wife and two kids to Perth by plane would cost a minimum of 1600 bucks usually, more like 2000 You can get a full weeks holiday including accom maybe longer along most of the Eastern seaboard for that. So Perth is a rare treat for most people on this side of Aus.... It's barely worth it really. Tis hard to get cheap accom over there as well. I was pleasantly surprised though that it is sufficiently different enough to warrant a slow trip back by road some time in the future.

So comparatively as a holiday destination from this side of Aus, it's way down the list.... Trouble is over there within Aus you have no choice, and are behind 2000 if your the average family before you leave your front door.

It is a feel good place, I'll give you that.

Mandurah is the only place I know that you are almost 100pct guranteed to see Dolphins if you go looking for them.... I'd say there are plenty of others, but they are everywhere there. That novelty would probably wear off after a decade though.

Sure if you see it from a domestic viewpoint only but the availability of cheap and plentiful international flights has never been greater. Perth has probably the best budget airline options in Australia

In the last few years we have been to Singapore (more times than you can shake a stick at), Malaysia, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Indonesia - mainly on budget carriers. I've flown back from Singapore for under $100. 3 return flights to Osaka for about $1600. Hell, Bali is almost considered a northern suburb of Perth if that place floats your boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.