nursing info

Old Jul 30th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

leannelo is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb nursing info

Hello All,

I would really like some info please if someone could help me. I have been reading the nursing forums and i am a little confused (TOO MUCH INFO TO TAKE IN). I qualify in just under 12 months time (diploma level) and have been told that i maybe able to go to WA and get a job without the experience is this correct? Does anyone know of correct procedure i really would appreciate any advice given.

Regards

Leanne
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future
Default Re: nursing info

Originally Posted by leannelo
Hello All,

I would really like some info please if someone could help me. I have been reading the nursing forums and i am a little confused (TOO MUCH INFO TO TAKE IN). I qualify in just under 12 months time (diploma level) and have been told that i maybe able to go to WA and get a job without the experience is this correct? Does anyone know of correct procedure i really would appreciate any advice given.

Regards

Leanne

Hi Leanne, just replied to a post on the nursing forum about the same thing. In Australia they have 'new graduate programmes' for newly qualified nurses where you rotate through a few different areas in your first year. You do not need experience to do this but some visas require 12 months experience. which visa are you planning on going on? I'm about to start on a new grad programme in Queensland (On 457 visa) and I have a few months experience under my belt now.

You will be best contacting the hospitals directly - search for them through google. You will also need to register with the nursing board of western Australia but you will need your UK pin number to do this. my registration for Queensland nursing council took about 7 weeks to come through so be prepared for some waiting around! what area do you want to work in?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: nursing info

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the info is it appreciated. We are just going through the TRA stage, we are hoping to go out on my husband qualifications as im still not qualified (visa136 we are going through an agent).I have been looking at other forums and it has been taking around 12 months for everything to go through, so the timing will be great. The post i have enjoyed most is gynae, really great placement, however, I would just like to get a job on any acute ward, but that doesn't look likely at the moment does it? We are wanting to go to Perth, we have been out there for three weeks this year, it was beautiful.
What about you? what area do you want to work in?Have you been to Oz?

Regards Leanne x
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

nursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant futurenursesarah has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the info is it appreciated. We are just going through the TRA stage, we are hoping to go out on my husband qualifications as im still not qualified (visa136 we are going through an agent).I have been looking at other forums and it has been taking around 12 months for everything to go through, so the timing will be great. The post i have enjoyed most is gynae, really great placement, however, I would just like to get a job on any acute ward, but that doesn't look likely at the moment does it? We are wanting to go to Perth, we have been out there for three weeks this year, it was beautiful.
What about you? what area do you want to work in?Have you been to Oz?

Regards Leanne x

Hi Leanne, I've got a job on icu/ccu combined unit, just what I wanted, ive been to oz before a few years ago spent 2 months a piece in perth, sydney and gold coast and loved it! Perth is fabulous eh? good luck with the rest of your training xx
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: nursing info

Thanks for that Sarah, need all the luck i can get with the nursing situation at the moment
Glad to here you are settled, cant wait to be in your situation, could i please ask what are the wages like out there for nurses? You do not however have to answer if you do not want to.

Regards Leanne x
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Hello All,

Regards

Leanne
Hi leanne,
I work at Royal Perth Hospital and you would have no trouble getting a job as a newly qualified. They run the nurse grad programme for newly qualified for 2 years if you want but you dont have to go on it. Some people start on the programme and then when they go to an area that they like just drop off the programme and stay working on that ward. A newly qualified nurse is on $42,691 plus shift penalties, 12.5% for a late, 20% for nights, 50% Saturdays, 75% Sundays. We are due a pay rise as well but the unions haven't agreed how much yet. Hope this helps.
Tracie
Old Jul 31st 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: nursing info

Thanks alot Tracey,

Thats where we came to on hols in march, we had a fab time. How long have you been in perth? what are the ward like? What are the staff like? I do hope you don't mind me asking you these questions. cool: this all sounds too good to be true
Many thanks for your help, would it be possible to have your e-mail address please?:

Many thanks Tracey

Leanne xx
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks alot Tracey,

Thats where we came to on hols in march, we had a fab time. How long have you been in perth? what are the ward like? What are the staff like? I do hope you don't mind me asking you these questions. cool: this all sounds too good to be true
Many thanks for your help, would it be possible to have your e-mail address please?:

Many thanks Tracey

Leanne xx
Have sent you a PM.
Tracie
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Thanks alot Tracey,

Many thanks Tracey

Leanne xx
HI Guys

I started the Grad Programme at Rockingham and lasted 5 months due to a variety of reasons. I start the Grad Programme at Silver Chain (community nursing) next week so fingers crossed this will be more organised. Tracie, how you getting on at PRI?

I came over on my hubbys 457 visa, just qualified in Sept '06 and didn't work until Feb '07 on the grad programme. Plenty of jobs out here so don't worry about no experience.