Reload this Page >

nursing in australia- help!!!

nursing in australia- help!!!

Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

lizmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing in australia- help!!!

Hi everyone,
My husband and I are going to Perth for a year in June. We were going through a nursing agency but they didnt seem to be pulling their fingers out so we have now sent our CV directly to Freemantle and RPH. They have both responded quite positively so it looks like we are on!
Now that we have no agency I need to know how to register.
I have downloaded the forms for nursing board WA but am a bit confused as to whether we need to have a skills assessment by ANCI as we are not migrating permanently. Does anyone know the proceedure.
Can we do all this prior to having a job offer?
How long does it all take?
I have got our transcripts of training ready to go, but need to know what to do next.
Help!!
Cheers
Liz
Old Jan 27th 2004, 10:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing in australia- help!!!

Originally posted by lizmiller
Hi everyone,
My husband and I are going to Perth for a year in June. We were going through a nursing agency but they didnt seem to be pulling their fingers out so we have now sent our CV directly to Freemantle and RPH. They have both responded quite positively so it looks like we are on!
I have downloaded the forms for nursing board WA but am a bit confused as to whether we need to have a skills assessment by ANCI as we are not migrating permanently. Does anyone know the proceedure.
I have got our transcripts of training ready to go, but need to know what to do next.
Help!!
Cheers
Liz
Try checking the ANC website.
You Have to register with one of the boards ie WA
You do not register through the ANC.

I did not go through the ANC and am registered in NSW.I will have PR so do not need my skills asessed for points.

I do not know about temporary visas but was offered a job a couple of years ago on a temp visa.

The ANC website is helpful.try a search engine for the Address.

You will always get a better response directly from employers than agencies.
You are in demand.Use it to your advantage and negotiate the best job you can.

Good luck

G
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

I am registered with NSW nursing board which I did after going through ANC but that is because I was applying for permanent residency. I reckon you just have to register with WA nursing board if not applying for PR. But like previous poster, prob worth checking with ANC website?
Old Jan 27th 2004, 11:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:

www.anci.org.au

Look for 'overseas nurses'

Good luck

G
Old Jan 28th 2004, 7:13 am
Just Joined

lizmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Guys,
Thats really helpfull. I have had a look and still a bit confused but I am going to gice them a ring tonight!
Cheers
Liz
Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Silentwater is an unknown quantity at this point

Do I get it right, that I should not apply to ANCI but rightaway at the states Nursing Councils? Like Queensland Nursing Council?
Old Jan 28th 2004, 3:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by Silentwater
Do I get it right, that I should not apply to ANCI but rightaway at the states Nursing Councils? Like Queensland Nursing Council?
You register with the State Nursing boards.

If you are applying for PR you apply to the ANC for your skills to be asessed if You are using Nursing Qualifications for residency.
If you already have PR then apply direct to the local board.

Thats how I have done it as I do no need PR.

Hope this helps

good luck

G
Old Jan 28th 2004, 4:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by Silentwater
Silentwater
I have just noticed from your earlier post that you are Dutch.Not all overseas qualifications are accepted as easily as British.
I suggest you check with the ANC:

www.anci.org.au

good luck

G
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by lizmiller
Hi everyone,
Help!!
Cheers
Liz
Hi Liz

Before I did anything, I applied to the Nurses Registration Board of NSW for Registration. Once I had received my Registration, I then applied to the ANCI for assessment. Having already got my registration for NSW, the assessment needed was only a modified one which took around 6 weeks to come. Both of these documents (registration and assessment) are required for migration purposes and went towards gaining points for Permanent Residency in Australia. You need to be very patient though as it is a lengthy process

PS whereabouts in Birmingham are you??
Old Jan 28th 2004, 5:54 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by rumbletum
Hi Liz

Before I did anything, I applied to the Nurses Registration Board of NSW for Registration. Once I had received my Registration, I then applied to the ANCI for assessment. Having already got my registration for NSW, the assessment needed was only a modified one which took around 6 weeks to come. Both of these documents (registration and assessment) are required for migration purposes and went towards gaining points for Permanent Residency in Australia. You need to be very patient though as it is a lengthy process

PS whereabouts in Birmingham are you??
Rumbletum you are right when you talk about the time it takes I have applied to ANCI first as stated on the NSAB the ANCI received my application 17 Nov and I am still waiting but I exchange emails with them regularly I'm on first name terms still hopefully only two more weeks to go.