Reload this Page >

Nursing Australia

Nursing Australia

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

fejao is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursing Australia

Hi,
I am new to the board and am hoping someone can give me some information. I am planning when I qualify as a Registered nurse here in the UK to emigrate to Australia. However I just want to know, is it possible for me to emigrate to Aus straight after I have qualifyed or do I have to have some work experience? As far as I can work out I must have 12 months experience, out of the 18 months immediately before applying. Does this mean, that it is anticipated that the visa will take six months to complete? Thank you all.

Fejao x
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Australia

Originally posted by fejao
Hi,
I am new to the board and am hoping someone can give me some information. I am planning when I qualify as a Registered nurse here in the UK to emigrate to Australia. However I just want to know, is it possible for me to emigrate to Aus straight after I have qualifyed or do I have to have some work experience? As far as I can work out I must have 12 months experience, out of the 18 months immediately before applying. Does this mean, that it is anticipated that the visa will take six months to complete? Thank you all.

Fejao x
Hi Fejao,

"I know nothing" but welcome to the site.

There are a lot of people here that need your professional attention so I have no doubt they will give you guidance.

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

My wife is going to do her NT before we go for good.
You are correct in thinking that you will need to do 12 mths "on the job" experience before you go as well.

We have just got our visas (on the back of my skills), are going to Oz to validate them and will then have 5 years before our visa runs out.
So, 3 years NT, 1 year experience then away we go with 12 mths to spare.....hopefully!
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:36 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Fejao x

hi fejao,
I think your potential employers in Oz want you to get the 12 months experience. The 12 out of last 18 months is to satisfy the stni requirements...soemone correct me if im wrong....
i applied to an agency and they said their hospitals wanted 12 months current experience prior to taking you on. I have just gone back to nursing after 2 + years out, and they wanted the extra 12 months.
are you applying under stni?? where do you hope to go?

sue
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

fejao is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hi fejao,
I think your potential employers in Oz want you to get the 12 months experience. The 12 out of last 18 months is to satisfy the stni requirements...soemone correct me if im wrong....
i applied to an agency and they said their hospitals wanted 12 months current experience prior to taking you on. I have just gone back to nursing after 2 + years out, and they wanted the extra 12 months.
are you applying under stni?? where do you hope to go?

sue
So you are saying that I can only lodge an application to emigrate after 18 months of qualifying and out of thoes 18 I must have worked 12 months? Who is stni? I hope to go to Brisbane, I will try and do my third year elective there :-) Speak soon.

Fejao x
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 10:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

So you are saying that I can only lodge an application to emigrate after 18 months of qualifying and out of thoes 18 I must have worked 12 months? Who is stni? I hope to go to Brisbane, I will try and do my third year elective there :-) Speak soon.

Fejao x

???
you said you wanted to emigrate AFTER qualifying....and to do that you need 12 months post qualifying experience. But to get the extra points you need to have 3 years (out of the last 4).
unless you are applying for state/territory nominated independant visa (stni) then its only 12 (out of last 18) months.