Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nurses registration

nurses registration

Old Jan 4th 2004, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nurses registration

can anyone help with this one, had my skills assessed by anci and got my visa last month, how do i register to work in south australia and can i register with more than one state

arlene
Old Jan 4th 2004, 1:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Registration is fairly easy.You will need to send various document and training transcripts and get the NMC to verify your registration here.
It is actually very easy to do over there.I registered in NSW and did it on the spot in their office in Sydney.
If you register in one state then you can register in others fairly easily.NSW registration seems a good basis to register in other states.
Details are on the ANC website.Not sure of the site address.Try a search engine.
It is fairly straigfhtforward.
You will need the NMC to forward your details.This should be on the website.
Good luck

G
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:09 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

arlene,

I emailed the nurses board of WA and asked them to forward me a registration form, which they did(or i downloaded it i cant remember). I filled it in, sent the dosh off, they then request the info from anci regarding your skills (or do it in reverse order!)

It is straigh forward...do you have the website for the NSW board???
Old Jan 4th 2004, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Arlene,
I've just received my queensland licence, I just downloaded the form and e-mailed ANCI to ask them to forward my skills assessment file, it was very straightforward and took about 3 weeks until I received the confirmation.
Cant remember where you're going but heres some links to the various states authorities (as far as I can tell you register with one but they have reciprocal agreements with eachother so you can practice elsewhere)

NSW - www.nursesreg.nsw.gov.au
VIC - www.nbv.org.au
QLD - www.qnc.qld.gov.au
WA - www.nbwa.org.au

Michaela
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

There are reciprocal recognition arrangements but you still have to register in each state you want to practise in.This is easy once you have registration in one state.

G
Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks everyone, have already had my skills assesed by anci so just need to know what to do to register in the state i am going to live in (which is south australia) do i need to contact them direct or is it anci and get anci to send my details to them

arlene
Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:13 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by arlene
thanks everyone, have already had my skills assesed by anci so just need to know what to do to register in the state i am going to live in (which is south australia) do i need to contact them direct or is it anci and get anci to send my details to them

arlene
Hi Arlene

you can download the form from south australia nursing board and as said by others then get anc to send details to them. How long did it take for your skills assessment as I'm still waiting to here anc said not to contact before the 8th which is eight weeks but still no news. www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au is the address you need.

Sarah
Old Jan 4th 2004, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by kentcoast
Hi Arlene

you can download the form from south australia nursing board and as said by others then get anc to send details to them. How long did it take for your skills assessment as I'm still waiting to here anc said not to contact before the 8th which is eight weeks but still no news. www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au is the address you need.

Sarah
sarah it took roughly two weeks to get the assessment back from anci hope this helps thanks for the info will look at the site and download all i need

arlene
Old Jan 4th 2004, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Arlene,
Sorry it looks like I posted every nursing board except the one you needed!
I sent my registration forms to queensland nursing council and e-mailed anci the same day requesting file to be forwarded for reg. purposes, they were very efficient and couriered file the next day.
Dont know if SA will be the same but I had to make a declaration on the reg form in the presence of a JP or magistrate. Other than that it was quick and straightforward.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 7:27 pm
Bitter and twisted

Arlene
Wherever you intend to register you will still need verification from the NMC.If you do not already have this then contact them after you have read the Websites in Australia.The UKCC used to be fairly quick but since the change over to NMC there have been a few delays re Re-registration etc.
The Australians are pretty laid back about registration.As I said I did it by walking into the office in Sydney with my documents.Took about Half an hour.I then registered in Queensland by taking my NSW details to their office in Brisbane.I think that you need to arrange for your NMC details to be posted direct.I can't remember.
Does anyone know different?
Remember you will have to register every year(and pay the fee).There are no PREP requirements though.
Good luck

G
Old Jan 4th 2004, 7:31 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
Arlene
Wherever you intend to register you will still need verification from the NMC.If you do not already have this then contact them after you have read the Websites in Australia.The UKCC used to be fairly quick but since the change over to NMC there have been a few delays re Re-registration etc.
The Australians are pretty laid back about registration.As I said I did it by walking into the office in Sydney with my documents.Took about Half an hour.I then registered in Queensland by taking my NSW details to their office in Brisbane.I think that you need to arrange for your NMC details to be posted direct.I can't remember.
Does anyone know different?
Remember you will have to register every year(and pay the fee).There are no PREP requirements though.
Good luck

G
hi Grayling
hope arlene doesnt mind me posting an answer, but she has already had her anci assessment.
sue
Old Jan 4th 2004, 7:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hi
Sorry,
I get confused by all these abbreviations.I assume that this has already included the NMC verification.When I registered I did it directly with the NSW board and had my verification sent directly to them
Best wishes

G