Nurses gallore

Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nurses gallore

Oct 4 report
Cairns snares 150 UK nurses.

Glynda Summers the Cairns Health Service district director toured the UK with 2 other senior CBH nurses and interviewed nearly 100 nurses.
85 have been recruited along with a further 65 by telephone interviews.
Dozens more were interested and are being referred to other areas of QLD.

The nurses will arrive from December thro’ to Sept.

They cover a range of specialties including renal medicine, mental health, intensive care, emergency department, general medical, surgery, midwifery and most importantly lion care.

I can see I have a busy time ahead

Old Oct 29th 2006, 12:41 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses gallore

Do they taste better than zebras?
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:25 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

I am one of those nurses!! hope to be there next May/June
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:52 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

At the risk of sounding sexist but do Aussie nurses wear sexier uniforms than that of their British counterparts ??
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:55 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
At the risk of sounding sexist but do Aussie nurses wear sexier uniforms than that of their British counterparts ??
Not in Perth they don't!
It's nowt like that programme (can't remember the name) where they used to wear short pink dresses!
We wear navy trousers (or skirt or shorts) with a blouse.
Tracey
Old Oct 29th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Not in Perth they don't!
It's nowt like that programme (can't remember the name) where they used to wear short pink dresses!
We wear navy trousers (or skirt or shorts) with a blouse.
Tracey
I believe that show was Young Doctors .............. a quality export it has to be said.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 8:47 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

This does amuse me considering there was a quote in the paper along the lines of ' UK trained nurses and midwives are not up to Australian standards, they often cannot perform simple tasks such as catheterisation etc. However we are confident they will jump at the chance to come to Cairns'.

The issue of UK training made me mad but it was the back handed compliment that got me. Good old Queensland Health never fails does it
Old Oct 30th 2006, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I am one of those nurses!! hope to be there next May/June
Hi wannabauzzienurse !

My wife has a job there too (mental health) and our flights are booked for April 2nd. Did you go to one of the seminars or get a job direct via telephone interview like my missus ?
(we did go to the stoke 1 but as I say already had the job, just went to meet them. seem very nice)

The newspaper article was made worse by the fact that the comments were allegedly made by an english nurse returning to the uk I believe.

Andy.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:01 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Oct 4 report

Glynda Summers the Cairns Health Service district director toured the UK with 2 other senior CBH nurses and interviewed nearly 100 nurses.
85 have been recruited along with a further 65 by telephone interviews.
Dozens more were interested and are being referred to other areas of QLD.

They cover a range of specialties including renal medicine, mental health, intensive care, emergency department, general medical, surgery, midwifery and most importantly lion care.

I can see I have a busy time ahead

Easy tiger .........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:28 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cadman
Hi wannabauzzienurse !

My wife has a job there too (mental health) and our flights are booked for April 2nd. Did you go to one of the seminars or get a job direct via telephone interview like my missus ?
(we did go to the stoke 1 but as I say already had the job, just went to meet them. seem very nice)

The newspaper article was made worse by the fact that the comments were allegedly made by an english nurse returning to the uk I believe.

Andy.
Hi andy, yeah I went to seminar and had interview in worcester in sept, I don't qualify till end of jan and have to sell house and organise visa so don't think we'll get there much before june. what do you if you don't mind me asking? my OH is carpenter but without formal qualifications not sure how employable he will be.
in the news paper report i read it said the comments were made by an australian nurse who now works in the UK, oh well we'll have to prove her wrong
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi andy, yeah I went to seminar and had interview in worcester in sept, I don't qualify till end of jan and have to sell house and organise visa so don't think we'll get there much before june. what do you if you don't mind me asking? my OH is carpenter but without formal qualifications not sure how employable he will be.
in the news paper report i read it said the comments were made by an australian nurse who now works in the UK, oh well we'll have to prove her wrong
Wife qualifies in march next year. We have had our PR since Jan 04 but decided to stay while she did her nurse training.

I'm a cad draughtsman (produce civil/structural drawings on a computer e.g. steel and concrete buildings etc.) so can't help on the chippying front. I know someone there who is an estimator for a shop fitting firm. would that be the sort of thing your OH might be interested in ?

Andy
Old Oct 30th 2006, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by cadman
Wife qualifies in march next year. We have had our PR since Jan 04 but decided to stay while she did her nurse training.

I'm a cad draughtsman (produce civil/structural drawings on a computer e.g. steel and concrete buildings etc.) so can't help on the chippying front. I know someone there who is an estimator for a shop fitting firm. would that be the sort of thing your OH might be interested in ?

Andy
yes I'm sure he could do that, do you think you could put us in touch with him/her??
Old Oct 31st 2006, 2:00 am
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Oct 4 report

...and then reality will kick in and they'll start going home October thro' to August.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 5:28 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah
...and then reality will kick in and they'll start going home October thro' to August.

Very pessimistic view.
Old Oct 31st 2006, 6:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Heard a good nurse joke at the weekend.

Q: What's the difference between a nurse and a ladder?

A: Not everyone's been up a ladder!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.