Reload this Page >

Nursery Nurse - Info Needed Please

Nursery Nurse - Info Needed Please

Old Mar 1st 2016, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Farfalla25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursery Nurse - Info Needed Please

Hi there,

I am really hoping someone can shed some light on job opportunities for Nursery Nurses in Australia. I am British and due to move to Australia this may, I have been assured by a migration agent that there is a demand for Child Care / Nursery Nurses, can anyone tell me if this is true?? We are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast area, I am of the understanding there are lots of new nursery's being built in this region?

Any advice/guidance would be very very much appreciated.

Kindest Regards
Nina
Old Mar 1st 2016, 9:40 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursery Nurse - Info Needed Please

Originally Posted by Farfalla25
Hi there,

I am really hoping someone can shed some light on job opportunities for Nursery Nurses in Australia. I am British and due to move to Australia this may, I have been assured by a migration agent that there is a demand for Child Care / Nursery Nurses, can anyone tell me if this is true?? We are planning to move to the Sunshine Coast area, I am of the understanding there are lots of new nursery's being built in this region?

Kindest Regards
Nina
I see from your previous post that you were doing a childcare course - have you now passed the skills assessment and got a visa, or are you looking for sponsorship?

I don't think there is a particular boom in nurseries being built on the Sunshine Coast, no more than anywhere else.
Old Mar 1st 2016, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got a visa?
Old Mar 1st 2016, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get your NNEB assessed as equivalent to Aus diploma. Straight-forward.

https://www.qld.gov.au/education/ear...ges/quals.html
Qualifications
ACECQA

Then off you go - get a job. Register with a consultant for fill-in jobs; look in local newspapers for f/t jobs in kinder and childcare centres.

Wife has NNEB and gets paid $21/hr in Melbourne kinders.

NNEB won't get you a skilled visa. You need a degree to apply for Childcare Centre Manager on skilled list, but no shortage of managers, https://docs.employment.gov.au/syste...anageqld_1.pdf.

Lots of good info here, http://myfuture.edu.au/.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat020; Mar 1st 2016 at 10:31 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Kindest Regards
Nina
In October you did not have a visa and did not appear to have any path to a visa, has something changed? How are you due to move to Australia in May? Do you mean you are coming on a holiday and hoping to secure sponsorship?

I would be amazed if there was a particular shortage of nursery nurses, working with children is a very popular occupation. But even so, finding a job and finding a job with a willing employer sponosr are two very different things.

But most importantly, nursery nurse is not eligible for sponsorship as it is not on the SOL or CSOL. Are you an experienced Childcare Centre Manager?
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Hi Pollyana, thank you for your reply. I did not carry out the childcare course in the UK, I have been working here as a nursery assistant. I will be going to Australia on a student visa to carry out the Australian Level III Early Childhood diploma, once complete I would need to secure employment with a sponsorship visa.

I have been informed that sourcing employment with a sponsorship visa should not be a problem due to the shortage but I dont just want to take an agents word for this, hence I am trying to do my own research.

Any advice would be most helpful. Many Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

No I am moving to Australia to complete the Level III in childcare and would need to secure a job with a visa once qualified, I am struggling to find out if in fact this line of work does in fact hold sponsorship opportunities.
Old Mar 2nd 2016, 11:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to say save your money. Getting a cert III in childcare is not going to get you a visa. There are loads of people getting the same qualification who don't need sponsored. Why would a childcare go to the trouble of sponsoring you when they can hire someone who is able to work without needing them to pay money?

As for childcare worker being eligible for sponsorship, if it's not on either the SOL or CSOL then you won't be getting a sponsored visa.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
As for childcare worker being eligible for sponsorship, if it's not on either the SOL or CSOL then you won't be getting a sponsored visa.
My info might be out of date but I think the RSMS/187 visa can be had without the occupation being on the SOL or CSOL. The job just needs to be at ANZSCO skill level 1-3.

However I think that Certificate 4 is the lowest level qualification needed (not Cert 3) and I believe the job needs RCB approval which would be tricky to get on the Sunshine Coast - although much easier in very remote outback areas where getting and keeping staff is a big problem.
Old Mar 3rd 2016, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No I am moving to Australia to complete the Level III in childcare and would need to secure a job with a visa once qualified, I am struggling to find out if in fact this line of work does in fact hold sponsorship opportunities.
You have been told wrong, presumably somebody selling visa services or study services told you this? They are selling you dreams. This occupation is not eligible for sponsorship. Only Childcare Centre Manager is and you are unlikely to secure the manager position immediately after a course.

Originally Posted by NickyC
My info might be out of date but I think the RSMS/187 visa can be had without the occupation being on the SOL or CSOL. The job just needs to be at ANZSCO skill level 1-3.

However I think that Certificate 4 is the lowest level qualification needed (not Cert 3) and I believe the job needs RCB approval which would be tricky to get on the Sunshine Coast - although much easier in very remote outback areas where getting and keeping staff is a big problem.
I did consider this, as I also recall that RSMS might be possible without the occupation being on the SOL or CSOL. However I thought the occupation has to be skill level 1, possibly 1 or 2. In any case though childcare worker is skill level 4, so there is no possibility of sponsorship.

OP is being scammed IMHO.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

LucasJ is an unknown quantity at this point

For what its worth, my wife applied for skilled visa some years ago. She had a level 3 NNEB which at the time was surficent for the managers level as it transferred to a diploma in oz. However she was denied the visa because of lack of experience at managers level.
Old Dec 7th 2016, 5:00 am
Just Joined

MrsMc265 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I plan to do this myself next year. How did you get on?