Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nursery/kindergarden

nursery/kindergarden

Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future
Default nursery/kindergarden

hi everyone

just got our visa so didn't want to ask to many questions (tempting fate and all that) but can anyone tell me what the arrangements are for 4 year olds(in perth preferably)?

is the nursery provision the same as it is here?(i.e 5 day sessions free) or is all pre school ed chargeable.. any costs and advice appreciated...

hoping to be out by late september ...

thanks

xxx
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:23 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursery/kindergarden

Originally Posted by sunshine9599
hi everyone

just got our visa so didn't want to ask to many questions (tempting fate and all that) but can anyone tell me what the arrangements are for 4 year olds(in perth preferably)?

is the nursery provision the same as it is here?(i.e 5 day sessions free) or is all pre school ed chargeable.. any costs and advice appreciated...

thanks

xxx
Our rate is $310 per week in Melbourne. We do get some rebate but have to get the paper work done.

Getting a child place in the first place was difficult - hopefully you wont find it as difficult in Perth. We contacted over 50 places before leaving the UK and the only one that responded we snapped up.

Our daughter is very happy there with no tears on first day.

September on things get expensive - you should also be in a better position to locate childcare because you will be looking at the start of the new year where we were looking midway.

Kiwi
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:17 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=sunshine9599]hi everyone

thanks

xxx[/QUOTEwe went to centrelink the other day had everything explained to us and jonah gets 75% paid for by centrelink
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Perth if your child turns 4 between 1st July 2006 and 30th June 2007 they will enter Kindy in Feb 2007. I think its about 11 hours per week. If your child turns 5 during those dates then they will enter pre primary which is full time. Both of these options are free.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future

thanks everyone for the info...

Originally Posted by northernbird
Here in Perth if your child turns 4 between 1st July 2006 and 30th June 2007 they will enter Kindy in Feb 2007. I think its about 11 hours per week. If your child turns 5 during those dates then they will enter pre primary which is full time. Both of these options are free.
northernbird my wee one will be 5 on 18/06/07 does this mean she will start
pr primary feb 07?

cheers
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thanks everyone for the info...

northernbird my wee one will be 5 on 18/06/07 does this mean she will start
pr primary feb 07?

cheers

thats right sunshine, she will be one of the youngest in the year. I think the first couple of weeks are part time then they go full time. You won't pay fees as such but you will have to pay an amount for school supplies. My year 3 bill was around $60.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
thats right sunshine, she will be one of the youngest in the year. I think the first couple of weeks are part time then they go full time. You won't pay fees as such but you will have to pay an amount for school supplies. My year 3 bill was around $60.
thanks for that!!!

can i ask is the pre school within the primary schools the way it is here?
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:21 pm
Gutter Gob!!

I think so, certainly is at mine and a few of my friends schools.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

hi everyone

thanks

xxx
Hi Sunshine9599

Thought you might find these useful

http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/index.htm
http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/WA.htm
http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/Australia.htm

Leigh
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan

thanks for the links leigh

i'm chuffed thought i'd have another year before the wee one went full time
no excuse for the life of leisure i was planning!!!

xxxxxx