Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nursery for 3 yr old in gold coast

Nursery for 3 yr old in gold coast

Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

waliam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursery for 3 yr old in gold coast

Hi, wondering if anybody can advice me on full time nursery for my 3yr old in southport area. Is there a long waiting list? I am moving in september and am not sure if I should book a place before hand.
Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice
Default Re: Nursery for 3 yr old in gold coast

Originally Posted by waliam
Hi, wondering if anybody can advice me on full time nursery for my 3yr old in southport area. Is there a long waiting list? I am moving in september and am not sure if I should book a place before hand.
Thanks
Hi look at ABC childcare! Dont know website add but if you put it in google, it will come up. Only know of it as I have been searching sites for future employment on gold coast as nursery nurse, You never know - one day I might be looking after him/her! good luck!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 2:26 am
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks
Hi - I would suggest doing a search on childcare centres that will be local to you and contacting them to check on vacancies. When we arrived in October, I couldn't get any places locally for my 3 year old until the end of January which is when the school year starts and obviously freed up some vacancies. I put her name down with the two local childcare centres and both offered her a place from January so then we could chose our preferred one. Having said that, we were not a priority case as I was not working.

One other thing to note is that you will probably need your child to get up to date with the Australian immunisations - the childcare centres check to see if immunisations are up to date (ours were when we left the UK but here in Oz, they have chickenpox and some other vaccines which were required and different to the UK). This will also affect your Centrelink payments as your child needs to be fully immunised to Australian requirements.

Good luck
Nina
Old Aug 9th 2008, 9:07 am
Just Joined

waliam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by theelliotts
Hi - I would suggest doing a search on childcare centres that will be local to you and contacting them to check on vacancies. When we arrived in October, I couldn't get any places locally for my 3 year old until the end of January which is when the school year starts and obviously freed up some vacancies. I put her name down with the two local childcare centres and both offered her a place from January so then we could chose our preferred one. Having said that, we were not a priority case as I was not working.

One other thing to note is that you will probably need your child to get up to date with the Australian immunisations - the childcare centres check to see if immunisations are up to date (ours were when we left the UK but here in Oz, they have chickenpox and some other vaccines which were required and different to the UK). This will also affect your Centrelink payments as your child needs to be fully immunised to Australian requirements.

Good luck
Nina
thanks a lot Nina, I am looking at southport area but dont know where to find the info on nurseries. I was not able to find any websites online. I would be arriving in early sept, so probably should start contacting then soon.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

DONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really niceDONOVAN is just really nice

Just go on to Yellow pages and type in Kindergartens Southport

I would deffo recommend ABC as this is the most popular over here

sarah x
Old Aug 9th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by theelliotts

Nina
Hi Nina

Can you remember which additional vaccines your kids needed, I might look into getting these done before we leave the UK especially if they are needed for childcare/school.

Lindsay
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:46 am
At home in Qld

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Hi Nina

Can you remember which additional vaccines your kids needed, I might look into getting these done before we leave the UK especially if they are needed for childcare/school.

Lindsay
Hi Lindsay

This is the listing of vaccinations my 4 year old has had to have in Australia(for both Centrelink and kindergarten). She was up to date when we left the UK in October:-

Hepatitis B
HIB Schedule B
Meningococcal C (think this must have been an update as she had this in the UK)
Varicella

When we arrived in Oz, we registered with the local doctors and gave them the kids' child health record books. They then checked what was required (this took about a week or two!!) and this is kept up to date on the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register / Medicare. We did not have to pay for these immunisations so I assume this is standard practice out here. If you want to check in advance, Medicare may be able to assist.

Good luck (hope your kids don't mind being 'human pin cushions' - my eldest (6 yrs) now hates injections but they have advised that currently she will not need any more until she is 13 years - we'll see!!??

Nina
Old Aug 10th 2008, 4:52 am
At home in Qld

thanks a lot Nina, I am looking at southport area but dont know where to find the info on nurseries. I was not able to find any websites online. I would be arriving in early sept, so probably should start contacting then soon.
Hi

If you go on yellow pages Australia and type in childcare with the appropriate suburb (town) with a kms distance, you should then get a good listing with the different types of childcare (eg childcare, kindergarten, early learning centres etc). Hope that you have a good choice near you.

This website may also be of assistance:- www.bubhub.com.au/serviceschildcare.php

All the best
Nina
Old Aug 10th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Nina

Lindsay x