Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nurse/midwife Help Please

Nurse/midwife Help Please

Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:25 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurse/midwife Help Please

HI GUYS AND GALS
newbie here........ iv just spent 2 hrs reading through all the threads that may help me

1) i think i now understand that i need to register with queensland first and then do a modified skill assessment with ANC?? i think this is the cheapest option

2) i presume that once registered with queensland i need to register yrly??

3) transcripts !!! i have just sported through a pile of paperwork and i have a A4 sheet of paper/card that says "transcript of full time programme leading to the award of the dipl of higher education" then my name and then it witters on about part 10 of the register. is this the transcript the soooooo important?? is this what they want a copy of?

4)once iv had a positive skill assessment back - is there a time scale for you visa to come back?

im sorry, loaDS of questions and im sure there will be more..........

amanda
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurse/midwife Help Please

Originally Posted by amanda76
HI GUYS AND GALS
newbie here........ iv just spent 2 hrs reading through all the threads that may help me

1) i think i now understand that i need to register with queensland first and then do a modified skill assessment with ANC?? i think this is the cheapest option

2) i presume that once registered with queensland i need to register yrly??

3) transcripts !!! i have just sported through a pile of paperwork and i have a A4 sheet of paper/card that says "transcript of full time programme leading to the award of the dipl of higher education" then my name and then it witters on about part 10 of the register. is this the transcript the soooooo important?? is this what they want a copy of?

4)once iv had a positive skill assessment back - is there a time scale for you visa to come back?

im sorry, loaDS of questions and im sure there will be more..........

amanda
Hi Amanda,
Welcome to the forum

In answer to your questions:
1: I did my skills assessment first. I didn't register with the Queensland nursing council until I went on my visa validation trip, therefore you don't need to have registered to apply.

2: You have to register yearly in June. I have just renewed mine and it was really easy to do over the internet.

3. That doesn't sound like a transcript to me. A transcript is something you will have to ring the University for. I don't think they give them out unless you ask for one (may be wrong). It is a piece of A4 paper with a list of all the different modules you studied on your course. Some unis charge for them apparently. Mine didn't.

4: I don't know about specific timescales, but they do fast-track nurses. My visa application went in last March and I'd got my visa grant notification on the first May bank holiday so it was only about 2 1/2 months. Others experiences may be different.

Good luck with the process

Tracey
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Hi Amanda !
Welcome to the forum ! You will become totally addicted now ! Have loads of answers for you but recomend you post all "nursey " questions on the Nursing forum,that's where we all hide!
All the best,
Tass.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tass
Hi Amanda !
Welcome to the forum ! You will become totally addicted now ! Have loads of answers for you but recomend you post all "nursey " questions on the Nursing forum,that's where we all hide!
All the best,
Tass.
ok will copy and paste (hopefully) my question there

amanda
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tass
recomend you post all "nursey " questions on the Nursing forum,that's where we all hide!

Oh great!! Now I know where to go to chat up some nurses

(a pastime from my early days)

JTL
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:01 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amanda76
HI GUYS AND GALS

This is by far the cheaper and easiest option.

G
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Oh great!! Now I know where to go to chat up some nurses

(a pastime from my early days)

JTL
I'll chat to you anytime Jack

G
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi Amanda

I am a nurse and have my visa so I will try and help you best I can
1) I went through an agent and got my ANC assessment first, but have since found out that it is far quicker to register with the Queesnsland nursing council first and then the ANC afterwards. Not sure about cheaper though.
2)yep you have to register yearly.
3) A transcript has a list of all the modules you took and the marks you got. Luckily I found mine as my uni were going to charge me to send it registered post as it is oh so important lol.
4) My visa was fast tracked, so only took a couple of months once we had got past the skills assessment.

Good luck
Katie
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Amanda

1) As Grayling says, cheaper and easier to register with a nursing board, then do a modified skills assessment. Loads of threads about this. Some do it the other way, i.e full skills assessment first, but more to it, and more expensive. At the end of the day, you need to register with a board at some point.

3) Transcript is a sheet listing all of the modules from the course, usually requested from Uni and sometimes at a cost.

Question 2 - yes

Question 4 - dont know.

Paul
Old Jun 1st 2005, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
That's how I understand it too.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
I didn't know you could do that. Wish I had found this site before we started the process. It would have saved us so much stress (and probably money )

Tracey
Old Jun 1st 2005, 6:55 pm

Wink Re: Nurse/midwife Help Please

THANKS guys/gals for all your replies, much appreciated. i promise to help others when i have got through all this.............!!!!!!!!!

amanda
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Yep, after your positive skills assessments with ANCi, it is in your best interests to frontload your application together with meds and police checks. This could be an extra-advantge to you coz nurses' applications are often fast-tracked. My skilled indepen. visa application was lodged and sent together with the necessary paperwork. My application was received at Adelaide Skilled Processing Center on September 17th, 2003, my PR visa was granted on October 22nd, 2003. So, it's pretty fast.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 10:00 am

fantastic- after waiting so long to get my hrs increased and then having to wait again i will deserve a quick turnaround!!! i think i may have just tempted fate - i take it back!!......

amanda