Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are nurse applications being fast tracked?

Are nurse applications being fast tracked?

Old Sep 12th 2002, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Phil Outram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are nurse applications being fast tracked?

I've finally managed to get my skills assessed by the NMC.
Anyone having dealings with the NMC knows this is easier said than done!
I've heard that nurses are being fast tracked.
If so, what timescale? I've heard that it may be as less as 6 months. This doesn't leave much time to sell the house, sort out finances etc.
Anyone out there with any info. or advice etc?
Thanks,
Phil.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 8:51 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are nurse applications being fast tracked?

> I've heard that nurses are being fast tracked.

Yup.

> If so, what timescale? I've heard that it may be as less as 6 months.

That's the estimates for fasttracked occupations, I guess. If you take a look at http://www.austimeline.com (BTW, please do fill up your details while you're there), you will realize that there is certainly movement amongst nurse applications.

>This doesn't leave much time to sell the house, sort out finances etc.

You do not need to migrate and settle permanently in Australia the moment you get your visa. There is a enter-by date for your visa. So long as you enter Australia before that date (even a short vacation will do), you would have satisfied the requirements to validate your migrant visa, and will have the remainder of the next 5 years to sort things out for the big permanent move.

There was another thread a few minutes ago that I responded to regarding the various deadlines that you will have to take note of that concerns your PR visa.

HTH

Peter
Old Sep 12th 2002, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Phil Outram is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs:
> I've heard that nurses are being fast tracked.

Yup.

> If so, what timescale? I've heard that it may be as less as 6 months.

That's the estimates for fasttracked occupations, I guess. If you take a look at http://www.austimeline.com (BTW, please do fill up your details while you're there), you will realize that there is certainly movement amongst nurse applications.

>This doesn't leave much time to sell the house, sort out finances etc.

You do not need to migrate and settle permanently in Australia the moment you get your visa. There is a enter-by date for your visa. So long as you enter Australia before that date (even a short vacation will do), you would have satisfied the requirements to validate your migrant visa, and will have the remainder of the next 5 years to sort things out for the big permanent move.

There was another thread a few minutes ago that I responded to regarding the various deadlines that you will have to take note of that concerns your PR visa.

HTH

Peter
Thanks Peter for responding so quickly.
Knowing we can make the move permanent within 5 years gives us a bit of breathing space. It also sounds like a damn good excuse to have a vacation!
Thanks again,
Phil.
Old Sep 12th 2002, 7:13 pm
Siobhan Hanrahan

Hi,

Adelaide are quoting 5-6 months for non sponsored & 6-7 months for sponsored.

Siobhan

"Phil Outram" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've finally managed to get my skills assessed by the NMC. Anyone having dealings
    > with the NMC knows this is easier said than done! I've heard that nurses are being
    > fast tracked. If so, what timescale? I've heard that it may be as less as 6 months.
    > This doesn't leave much time to sell the house, sort out finances etc. Anyone out
    > there with any info. or advice etc? Thanks, Phil.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com