Nuisance calls

Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nuisance calls

Today i was almost, almost caught out by those phone call chancers.
They asked if i was the owner of the house - then they said my name, then they said go to your PC.
At this point i said i am not that person and i don't have a PC and slammed the phone down.
His English was about as good as my Indian, but come on this is crazy lately. Especially after 4.30pm most days, but we are getting them in the day now, what with that and the junk email and postie mail
It as trebled since we came to Australia, especially the email spam.
The buggers woke me up i do work nights sometimes you bas*****.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nuisance calls

Originally Posted by deb68
They asked if i was the owner of the house - then they said my name, then they said go to your PC.
At this point i said i am not that person and i don't have a PC and slammed the phone down.
His English was about as good as my Indian, but come on this is crazy lately. Especially after 4.30pm most days, but we are getting them in the day now, what with that and the junk email and postie mail
Get a silent number.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

We move soon so we will be doing just that, it's just ridiculous how many calls we do receive of this nature lately.
Can you imagine what would happen to some other poor none net savvy individual if they gave out information through blind ignorance to these horrible sad and depressing 'people'?
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

In Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond reputeIn Exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Get a silent number.
remove landline and use mobile and skype.

the only people who called our landline seemed to be wrong numbers, my mum and dad or an excessive amount of market research/sellers.

brought mum and dad into the 21st century by instructing them to install skype, and having no landline has been a blessing.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
remove landline and use mobile and skype.

the only people who called our landline seemed to be wrong numbers, my mum and dad or an excessive amount of market research/sellers.

brought mum and dad into the 21st century by instructing them to install skype, and having no landline has been a blessing.
Use skype for overseas but there are still folk especially older ones abroad who will never get onboard so necessary.
Also have no wish to go on any mobile plan and only use mobile more for work related or quick calls...so will stick to the landline for the time being.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:20 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
Old Jul 26th 2011, 7:23 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
I'm not sure that overseas based fraudsters will take much notice!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:44 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
Oh how I love these calls, I am quite skilled in bringing them to the verge of tears and I am being serious.

I spoke to one Indian guy and told him that I was the owner and I would do anything he asked with my laptop. He told me Microsoft had registered a complaint on my computer and I had to do various things under his instruction.

I let him do his entire spiel of shite in crap English and then just as he was getting excited because I was pretending to do what he asked, I said to him 'Does it work on a mac?, I have never had Microsoft' and you could hear the guy getting upset and he slammed the phone down.

Then I had some Indian girl phone up and I couldnt be bothered to listen to her shite English, Shite dialogue and nor could I give a shite that is the way they make a living, I really could not give a ****.

So I told her she had come through to Fremantle police station and she slammed the phone down - quite hard as well from the way my ears rattled.

Then another Indian guy calls today and I said to him 'Have you ever thought of learning English and getting a decent job - perhaps you can become a rent boy or something' He put the phone down as well.

I am having fun with them, they can piss right off and bury themselves in curry if they think I am daft enough to do what they ask and the more they call me, the more I will upset them - and what is more, I shall enjoy upsetting them.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

What is it exactly they want you to do with your computer anyway??
Old Jul 26th 2011, 9:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OneSmallVoice
What is it exactly they want you to do with your computer anyway??
Not sure now you have come to mention it, I think they ask you to type some stuff in that enables them to do something - but not certain on that.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:26 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Get a silent number.
Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm not sure that overseas based fraudsters will take much notice!
Even a silent number wont do it. The callers use automated diallers which call block of 10 numbers or so. If your number is within that block, it will ring. First person to pick up gets spoken to. Okay, they won't have your name but they will prattle on anyway.

I like to egg them on now and pretend to go through all the prompts. Then tell them that I don't have a computer and would they just like to piss off.

do not call register works well for a lot of stuff though.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:27 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Oh how I love these calls, I am quite skilled in bringing them to the verge of tears and I am being serious.

I spoke to one Indian guy and told him that I was the owner and I would do anything he asked with my laptop. He told me Microsoft had registered a complaint on my computer and I had to do various things under his instruction.

I let him do his entire spiel of shite in crap English and then just as he was getting excited because I was pretending to do what he asked, I said to him 'Does it work on a mac?, I have never had Microsoft' and you could hear the guy getting upset and he slammed the phone down.

Then I had some Indian girl phone up and I couldnt be bothered to listen to her shite English, Shite dialogue and nor could I give a shite that is the way they make a living, I really could not give a ****.

So I told her she had come through to Fremantle police station and she slammed the phone down - quite hard as well from the way my ears rattled.

Then another Indian guy calls today and I said to him 'Have you ever thought of learning English and getting a decent job - perhaps you can become a rent boy or something' He put the phone down as well.

I am having fun with them, they can piss right off and bury themselves in curry if they think I am daft enough to do what they ask and the more they call me, the more I will upset them - and what is more, I shall enjoy upsetting them.
This is precious . Next time sob into the phone and say "I have no friends..... will you be my friend?"
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:34 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Only works for Australia based callers. The overseas call centres don;t give a fig about a do not call register
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:41 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I take the same approch as you PP. I get called regularly from these muppets and I relish each and every one

This site is a great ref for some inventive pisstake ideas....
http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/suppor...temrecure-scam
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Say "I'm glad you called. I've got a lovely fridge for sale.........."

About landlines - you really should keep one in your house for emergencies. Cyclones, fires and floods can easily knock out the power and/or mobile connections so no computer, no recharging etc. But you must get at least one old-fashioned plug-in phone (ie not cordless) that doesn't depend on having electric power connected. This became all too evident in Qld earlier this year with all the natural disasters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.