Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NTL are priceless!!!!

NTL are priceless!!!!

Old Aug 7th 2005, 5:49 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs down NTL are priceless!!!!

Hi Guys,
Those of you who know me will know that I shouldn't have any broadband now. I was due to be cut off on 5th August, this was arranged back in July before we had any hold ups. By 3pm on Friday I still had phone etc so called NTL to ask why. The first person I spoke to as good as called me a liar when I said I had a letter to prove that was my cut off date. His response " No point being cross with me, it quite clearly states on my screen that you are due to be disconnected 8th August. You are actually through to the wrong department, hold on and I'll put you through."
5 minutes later, I spoke to a nice lady who explained that there had in fact been an error and yes I was supposed to have been disconnected on 5th. She said that she was sorry about the attitude of the other person and he would be dealt with. She then went on to say that even though it was their mistake it would take another 3 days to get me cut off. Priceless!!! Not only have they had a months notice, I now have to wait another 3 days. On the plus side, I will get a credit for the extra 3 days.
NTL customers, beware!!!
Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:10 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NTL are priceless!!!!

Thanks NTL! Nice to have you with us still Sarah!

Binbird
Old Aug 7th 2005, 7:35 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by binbird
Thanks NTL! Nice to have you with us still Sarah!

Binbird
Thanks Binbird, not long for you now.
Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Now don't get me started on NTL
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:17 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by fraser
Just read your buyers thread, I better not get you started on anything,
Sarah
Old Aug 7th 2005, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser

Ditto!
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:40 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default NTL are priceless!!!!

Sarah,

NTL are alot of things ....but priceless ain't one of them! But probably better than we don't get started on that!

Still, you have actually managed to get them to admit a)they cocked up and b)that you are entitled to a credit. This is classified as a giant leap for mankind!!!

Nicky
Old Aug 7th 2005, 9:46 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

I phoned them up last Monday to arrange for the set-top box to be collected and after 15 minutes in a queue, I managed to arrange it for 9th August. 10 minutes later, there's a knock at the door from a guy in an illuminous jacket - "Come to pick up a set-top box, mate." Unbelievable!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Our NTL TV is supposed to be switched off today. Wish me luck!
Old Aug 8th 2005, 10:48 am
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

NTL still send me a bill every month for 31p, Yes thirty one pence.
The stupid thing is I paid in full and they actually made a small rebate of around £3.50 for something or other and as far as I am concerned the matter is closed.
As I am still in touch with the people who bought our house they kindly forward the mail (At our expense) on a monthly basis and every month there is a bill from NTL for 31p.

No chance of me paying it though, it would cost me far far more in bank charges etc to even consider paying it.
Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Our NTL TV is supposed to be switched off today. Wish me luck!
I just checked with Sam and it hasn't been turned off yet. Maybe I will get to watch one more game of football and they will turn it off at midnight?
Old Aug 9th 2005, 11:06 am
A former regular of BE

I just checked with Sam and it hasn't been turned off yet. Maybe I will get to watch one more game of football and they will turn it off at midnight?
Well guess what?!

Yup, NTL is still active. Incredibly I got through to them this morning in less than 10 minutes. And I got yet another story. This time I was told the service was being cut off as of 1 month from my follow up call but that they would give me a credit from the original cancellation date. So in theory I might have free NTL until the end of the month. I just cancelled the direct debit as I don't trust them.

But, the chances are I will get a letter in a few days threatening to disconnect the service unless I reinstate the D/D. (I am looking forward to writing to them saying, "great that was the intention"). Then in a month when the next bill is due it will be as if I hadn't requested disconnection nor will it include my credit.

No doubt there will be problems over collecting the box next.

And we haven't cancelled broadband or the phone yet either.

It strikes me that if they were just incompetent they would get it right at least sometimes. But they must be making a special effort to get it wrong ALL the time.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 5:58 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I just cancelled the direct debit as I don't trust them.
Keep a close eye on your bank account! I cancelled a DD for a magazine last month. They just set up a new one themselves under a different reference number (no doubt using my original signed authority). Took a bit of wrangling with the bank to get it sorted.

Wouldn't surprise me if NTL tried something similar.

Gina
Old Aug 10th 2005, 8:58 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Keep a close eye on your bank account! I cancelled a DD for a magazine last month. They just set up a new one themselves under a different reference number (no doubt using my original signed authority). Took a bit of wrangling with the bank to get it sorted.

Wouldn't surprise me if NTL tried something similar.

Gina
That must be illegal?!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 2:38 pm
A former regular of BE

Shock horror! I came down for breakfast at lunchtime yesterday ( ) and NTL had cancelled our subscription as requested. On time. No mistakes. But...

Originally Posted by worzel - 9th August
No doubt there will be problems over collecting the box next.
... as predicted, they screwed up. They went next door to try and collect the box and when our neighbour wasn't in they gave up and went away.