Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ntl E-mail addresses

ntl E-mail addresses

Old Apr 29th 2005, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

tractor boy will become famous soon enoughtractor boy will become famous soon enough
Default ntl E-mail addresses

Read some time ago about e-mail addresses in oz and can you use your current address.
Having terminated my contract for broadband 3 days after we left the uk then found out that after being unable to login and contacting on-line suport they are now closing your e-mail address at the termination of contract.
Dont know about other service providers but check first!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 10:12 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ntl E-mail addresses

Originally Posted by tractor boy
Read some time ago about e-mail addresses in oz and can you use your current address.
Having terminated my contract for broadband 3 days after we left the uk then found out that after being unable to login and contacting on-line suport they are now closing your e-mail address at the termination of contract.
With NTL they do stop your address when you cancel the connectivity. I'm with PlusNet and I'll end up paying to keep my email address for a while 'til I get sorted.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

I'm with NTL as well but realise that will end when I leave UK so I've set up a gmail account. So far it's been great. No cost, webmail account.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I use www.freeparking.co.uk and bought a domain. I can redirect any e-mail sent to mydomain.com to any ISP in the world. It makes moving ISP a sinch wherever you maybe. I have changed ISP twice here and not lost an e-mail.

If you set the above up now you can start educating your contacts on your new e-mail address.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute

Before we left I forwarded all ntl addresses to gmail accounts.

5 weeks later I can still access NTL webmail and emails being forwarded to my gmail account.

definitely go for gmail - 2Gig of server memory and excellent anti-spam engine.

Ian
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by tractor boy

We are also with NTL but we also have a yahoo account, which was very useful last year when we went to Oz and were able to chat to MIL in Thailand and send messages back home.

We will start giving everyone our yahoo account address and over the next few months our NTL account will not be used, then we can see if there are any strays who don't know of our new address. I am also going to put our yahoo address on our leaving party invites.

Hazel
Old Apr 30th 2005, 8:18 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: ntl E-mail addresses

Its always worth having an independent email account just in case.

My NTHell account also carried on working for about a month after cancelling with them.

I use Gmail now to but its a shame that they use 'conversations' and you dont have the ability to create folders like say Yahoo etc.

R.