Reload this Page >

ntering OZ with Baby Food ?

ntering OZ with Baby Food ?

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ntering OZ with Baby Food ?

Please can you help ?

What is the procedure on arrival at customs, can you bring in powdered tinned SMA milk, ready made cartons of SMA, Sealed jar foods i.e Hipp, Cow & Gate ?

Will all this have to go into the quarantine bin ?

If so please can someone advise on alternatives on sale supermarkets.

Would appreciate any advise.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ntering OZ with Baby Food ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by delboy
Please can you help ?

What is the procedure on arrival at customs, can you bring in powdered tinned SMA milk, ready made cartons of SMA, Sealed jar foods i.e Hipp, Cow & Gate ?

Although you have to go through the gate titled ' something to declare" as soon as you explain and show the baby food it will be fine, as long as its sealed.

Just declare anything you can eat, they get really stroppy if you get caught not declaring, plus they have these beagle dogs, trained to sniff out fruit etc, they are all over the bags as they come off the carousel.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty
Originally posted by delboy
Please can you help ?

Although you have to go through the gate titled ' something to declare" as soon as you explain and show the baby food it will be fine, as long as its sealed.

Just declare anything you can eat, they get really stroppy if you get caught not declaring, plus they have these beagle dogs, trained to sniff out fruit etc, they are all over the bags as they come off the carousel.
thanks dotty ,thats a great releif,should have stayed breastfeeding ,cant take them away, but thanks for replying to my ? you r very helpfull cheers
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

Are the baby products the same in oz (perth) ie nappies ,food ,toiletries brand names if not what r the best ones.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Are the baby products the same in oz (perth) ie nappies ,food ,toiletries brand names if not what r the best ones.
Hi

you can get huggies out there and own supermarket brands, all fine, johnsons too

loads of varieties of baby food, heinz, and other brands, can't remember names but a good selection, like we have here so you won't have anything to worry about.

also saw avent stuff ou there too, Oliver was past this but wanted to know out of interest as we will have another baby once we finally get there, hopefully...........

hope that helps so you don't have to lug to much stuff out with you.

Teresa
Old Sep 7th 2003, 2:02 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Please can you help ?

I took sealed SMA baby milk sachets into OZ & NZ last year. Declared them in both countries and it was ok. As long as they are sealed. If you are using SMA, you can not get that in OZ. Which is why I took it. Sorry I can not remember wait brands they had. Try having a look at the Coles, Woolworths or Safeway websites and see what is in stock.

Jar of baby food seemed plentiful.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:37 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

The powdered baby milk is fine out there. My 6mth old at the time took it great. I took the sachets of milk for the flight and had a shock at Brisbane airport!!

Because she'd finished feeding as we were landing, I had an empty bottle in my back. The shock was that all three beagle dogs on duty made a bee line for me and tried to attack the bag that the bottle was in!!!!! Funny though!!

I declared my unopen jar of food and customs were great.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 9:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

All food must be declared. They will bin what they think is a hazard but processed foods are generally ok. I find that at Sydney airport it is quicker to go through the Something to Declare q as everyone's bags get x rayed anyway.

From my experience at Sydney there is a high chance of getting searched.