Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW removals companies, advice.

NSW removals companies, advice.

Old May 16th 2011, 6:36 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default NSW removals companies, advice.

Hi, we are moving from Seaforth on the Sydney northern beaches to Bulli, on the Wollongong northern beaches, about 90k in distance.
Moving from a single storey 4 bed house to a double storey 3 bed house, probably a full containers worth.
Anyone had good local experiences, or bad, they care to share to help with my choice of Removalist?
Old May 17th 2011, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NSW removals companies, advice.

I used Grace to move me from Sydney to Queensland, purely because I was happy with their service when I moved from the UK.
Old May 17th 2011, 8:11 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Have you done a search?

I recommended, and I know somebody else here recently used and also rated, a company I believe is now known as Red Truck Removals.
Old May 17th 2011, 11:10 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Have you done a search?

I recommended, and I know somebody else here recently used and also rated, a company I believe is now known as Red Truck Removals.
Yes, got a few names from some threads on here. Not heard of Red Truck Removals though, will check it out. So far am getting quotes between $2500-$6000.
Old May 17th 2011, 9:28 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, $6000 is ridiculous. Read here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674281

(Freebo used them more recently, he's the one that said they've changed names.)
Old May 18th 2011, 12:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Yes, got a few names from some threads on here. Not heard of Red Truck Removals though, will check it out. So far am getting quotes between $2500-$6000.
$6K That's more than it cost us to ship a container over from the UK! Fuel hasn't gone up that much!!!
Old May 19th 2011, 5:17 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
$6K That's more than it cost us to ship a container over from the UK! Fuel hasn't gone up that much!!!
I know, it was based on a web quote I responded to. So I contacted them and they have a Consultant coming round tomorrow to give me an accurate quote. Time, unfortunately, is no longer on my side!!
Old May 19th 2011, 5:34 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Jesus, $6000 is ridiculous. Read here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674281

(Freebo used them more recently, he's the one that said they've changed names.)
Cheers for that, just called them. Very reassuring and honest. Got them coming round as well. I told them they were recommend and they asked who....soooo....I said 'oh I don't know her real name its an eco cubist called Seasider'....oh yes she said, I know the one!!!!
Old May 19th 2011, 8:45 am
Auntie Fa

its an eco cubist
You do know that's there because I live near Green Square?
Old May 21st 2011, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

kips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to beholdkips is a splendid one to behold

Hi, we are moving from Seaforth on the Sydney northern beaches to Bulli, on the Wollongong northern beaches, about 90k in distance.
Moving from a single storey 4 bed house to a double storey 3 bed house, probably a full containers worth.
Anyone had good local experiences, or bad, they care to share to help with my choice of Removalist?

We moved from Dapto to Coffs Harbour 4 years ago and used Five Star Relocations, based in Unanderra. They are only a small company but very good. Impressed with their service. Office number is 02 4272 4451 and mobile for our contact was David Hawken 0401 047808. Don't know if they are still in business. At the time we were quoted $2,900 for removal and pre-pack $1,180. The removal price included GST and transit cover up to $50,000. We had a 4-bedroomed two-storey house. Did the packing myself so didn't get charged the packing fee. Good luck with your move
Old May 21st 2011, 5:45 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by kips
We moved from Dapto to Coffs Harbour 4 years ago and used Five Star Relocations, based in Unanderra. They are only a small company but very good. Impressed with their service. Office number is 02 4272 4451 and mobile for our contact was David Hawken 0401 047808. Don't know if they are still in business. At the time we were quoted $2,900 for removal and pre-pack $1,180. The removal price included GST and transit cover up to $50,000. We had a 4-bedroomed two-storey house. Did the packing myself so didn't get charged the packing fee. Good luck with your move
Thanks Kips, I have a baseline cost which I am using to compare the various quotes I get. Added issue is that I am off to Europe on Monday for 3 weeks so the wife will have to do it all on her own, so will probably pay for packing.
Old May 21st 2011, 5:46 am
Social Grenade Thrower

You do know that's there because I live near Green Square?
I am not that clever!! Plus, might be a bit stalkerish if I knew the address of all the posters on here!