Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Coastal Regions - Where

NSW Coastal Regions - Where

Old May 30th 2007, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

KloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant future
Default NSW Coastal Regions - Where

Which areas on NSW coastal regions (excluding Sydney) would you recommend if work is not involved……….the criteria is that it must have an everyday infrastructure, i.e. Medical, Supermarkets, Good Restaurants and a reasonable amount of Life. Oh yes; Golf and Sailing is a given!

Cheers
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: NSW Coastal Regions - Where

Hello again KT.
I guess you're not interested in schools! Talking about East Gosford, there's a good sailing club. Probably one at Terrigal but not sure about that. I know there's a golf course near Terrigal because a friend took me once. I can't have been much good because that was the end of that beautiful relationship!
I rented a fantastic house on Brisbane Water at Daleys Point. It had a boathouse and it's own jetty. There is a very nice area called Pearl Beach, but it may be too quiet for you. Fredericks Point is closer to Gosford, and there's nice properties around Terrigal, which is a popular resort in the summer, but quiet in the winter, which is how I liked it, but you may not.

It's a great area for boating. Terrigal Haven has a public jetty (as has Gosford) It's great for sea fishing and also has a scuba diving school.

There are good restaurants all over. Sunday brunch is a great tradition on the coast.

Talking about it makes me wish I was back there!

Let me know if there's anything else and I'll try and help.

Regards, Q
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

KloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant futureKloofToo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by quercus
Hello again KT.
I guess you're not interested in schools! Talking about East Gosford, there's a good sailing club. Probably one at Terrigal but not sure about that. I know there's a golf course near Terrigal because a friend took me once. I can't have been much good because that was the end of that beautiful relationship!
I rented a fantastic house on Brisbane Water at Daleys Point. It had a boathouse and it's own jetty. There is a very nice area called Pearl Beach, but it may be too quiet for you. Fredericks Point is closer to Gosford, and there's nice properties around Terrigal, which is a popular resort in the summer, but quiet in the winter, which is how I liked it, but you may not.

It's a great area for boating. Terrigal Haven has a public jetty (as has Gosford) It's great for sea fishing and also has a scuba diving school.

There are good restaurants all over. Sunday brunch is a great tradition on the coast.

Talking about it makes me wish I was back there!

Let me know if there's anything else and I'll try and help.

Regards, Q
Again, many thanks.............I'll keep looking.

KT
Old Jun 4th 2007, 12:54 am
k76
Forum Regular

k76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nicek76 is just really nice

Originally Posted by KloofToo
Which areas on NSW coastal regions (excluding Sydney) would you recommend if work is not involved……….the criteria is that it must have an everyday infrastructure, i.e. Medical, Supermarkets, Good Restaurants and a reasonable amount of Life. Oh yes; Golf and Sailing is a given!

Cheers
You can't really get past Lake Macquarie for sailing! http://www.lmyc.com.au/lake_macquarie.asp
It's a great place to live too