Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW CENTRAL COAST MEET UPS

NSW CENTRAL COAST MEET UPS

Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:00 pm
Sooooo chilled out now...

kpeters84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW CENTRAL COAST MEET UPS

Tiger222 - did I miss your name or did you not say!? Welcome! I realise you may want to settle quickly but dont rush into somewhere as you may end up wanting to moving when you do find friends/schools etc!

I am Karen and over here in Avoca Beach with my son Nathan 4 yr old and starting school end Jan - (hoorah!).

Jim, Jo, Jo and everyone - was thinking of open house informal meet at mine in week 5th-12th Jan as I am off work that week? But I am more slack and dont have any phone numbers, emails - whats the best way to contact everyone? Just pass message on between us? (Sorry Derek/Anna.)

How does the afternoon of Wednesday 7th sound to everyone?

Karen
[email protected]
4382 2092
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really niceragtag is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiger222
Thanks for the welcome, all!

We are in Terrigal right now - in holiday rentals at the moment trying to find a permanent rental and quick! We are anxious to get our own place and begin settling in.

We do not have family or friends here and are beginning to feel a little home sick because of that - although the weather and the scenery has provided wonderful distractions for us. (back home they are having many inches/feet of snow and very cold temps)

We have 4 children: ages 11, 8, 5 and 2.

I know another expat coming to this region on 29 December.

I look forward to meeting you lot in person when the next meet up is announced.
Hi Catherine
Welcome to Terrigal I dont like to hear of anyone feeling homesick you are more than welcome to visit us for a drink or coffee We have been in Terrigal since last June and have made lovely friends through the ex pats.My email is [email protected] or phone 43854949 We could either meet for coffee or you would be welcome to come around please dont feel isolated .Jan
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:37 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

I know another expat coming to this region on 29 December.
And I am that person!!!

Hello all, I'm heading over to Woy Woy for New Year, coming from Ireland. Lived there in 2006 and fell hopelessly in love with the area, have been working hard to get back there ever since and I cannot wait!

Might be a quick stop this time however so not sure if I will make the next meet up but will definitely have more time maybe later in the year.

I'm travelling solo which I think makes me part of a minority group around here! Have some friends on the coast however which makes the move so much easier! Always up for meeting new people however so I will be keeping an eye on this thread!

Lilian
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lilsweets
And I am that person!!!

Hello all, I'm heading over to Woy Woy for New Year, coming from Ireland. Lived there in 2006 and fell hopelessly in love with the area, have been working hard to get back there ever since and I cannot wait!

Might be a quick stop this time however so not sure if I will make the next meet up but will definitely have more time maybe later in the year.

I'm travelling solo which I think makes me part of a minority group around here! Have some friends on the coast however which makes the move so much easier! Always up for meeting new people however so I will be keeping an eye on this thread!

Lilian
I am in Umina. Just up the road.

Jo
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kpeters84
Tiger222 - did I miss your name or did you not say!? Welcome! I realise you may want to settle quickly but dont rush into somewhere as you may end up wanting to moving when you do find friends/schools etc!

I am Karen and over here in Avoca Beach with my son Nathan 4 yr old and starting school end Jan - (hoorah!).

Jim, Jo, Jo and everyone - was thinking of open house informal meet at mine in week 5th-12th Jan as I am off work that week? But I am more slack and dont have any phone numbers, emails - whats the best way to contact everyone? Just pass message on between us? (Sorry Derek/Anna.)

Karen
[email protected]
4382 2092
Hi Karen -

Nice to meet you! My name is Catherine.

We really did need to find a permanent rental - and got one today! Hooray!!

We're a family of 6 and living out of suitcases for 4 plus weeks is difficult! We really need to get organized/settled. It could well be that later, we'll "regret" where we are on some level - schools, etc. but there's nothing for it because there are no holiday rentals to be had right now on the Central Coast. And those that are available (In the Blue Mountains) are very expensive. Plus we'd have to then come back here to Central Coast, take another holiday rental, look at more housing options, apply, wait for responses, before we can finally settle in. The expense was prohibitive....and the unsettled nature of things was adding to our home sickness.

At least it's done. We have found a place and it's in MacMasters Beach. Very out of the way, but I don't have any problem with driving the children to school and Dave to the Woy Woy train station. We'll make due. It's a rental, after all, not purchase. As I learn more about the area, we can make a change, if necessary.

I met another person from BE - a new arrival - who is living here in Avoca Beach. I just made phone contact with her today. I'll let her know of the next meet up, if that's OK with you.

Wed afternoon 7 January sounds lovely. Are children invited or should I leave my 4 at home with their dad? Is there something I should bring? Is it customary that the guests bring wine? A dish to pass?

Karen - I'll send you my contact information in a PM.

BTW, we have very limited email/internet at the moment. We just signed up for access from our new home - but they will not install until the morning of 7 January.

Catherine
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

And I am that person!!!

Lilian
Lilian -

Great to see you! Welcome to the thread!

No worries! MaroonedNZ is here and she's also traveling solo. I'll see if she would like to join us with the meet ups. I just made contact with her today. She lives in Avoca Beach. She doesn't post on the boards anymore.

Catherine
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ragtag
Hi Catherine
Welcome to Terrigal I dont like to hear of anyone feeling homesick you are more than welcome to visit us for a drink or coffee We have been in Terrigal since last June and have made lovely friends through the ex pats.My email is [email protected] or phone 43854949 We could either meet for coffee or you would be welcome to come around please dont feel isolated .Jan
Hey Jan -

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting "plugged in" to the community as I get connected through this group, through the children's school chums, through church activities, and casual conversations.

I generally have a positive outlook on life. No worries for a wobble here and there, it's to be expected. We just made a very large step, coming to Australia, it's Christmas time and we're missing family and friends. All normal. If we weren't experiencing some of that, I'd be more concerned.

I look forward to meeting you in the days ahead.

Catherine
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 6:18 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Karen

Hope you are both well - Nathan will be getting a bit excited about Christmas by now eh?

Re Jan 7 - fine by us, ta very much, although we will have Skye and Ben with us then for a few days (school hols duties!) - that won't be a problem for you will it?

Will keep an eye on here once we are back from Sydney over the weekend sometime.

Happy Christmas.

Jim and Gill xx

Karen
[email protected]
4382 2092
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

Hi everyone,

Good to see some familiar names on here! And thank you Tiger22 for letting me know about this thread.

I used to post on current processing times etc - now I live (very happily) in Avoca Beach.

I've missed posting on here, it's good to be back and now I can spend my evening catching up on the thread instead of doing all the worthy stuff like homework and housework I am meant to be doing!

Victoria.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

maroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nicemaroonedNZ is just really nice

And I am that person!!!

Lilian
Hi Lilian,

I remember chatting to you on some other threads

As Catherine says, it's just me (and the cat now) so you are definitely not alone in being alone!

Are you still waiting for your visa - is this why only a quick stop? Fill me in on all your news.

V.x
Old Dec 24th 2008, 1:08 pm
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by maroonedNZ
Hi Lilian,

I remember chatting to you on some other threads

As Catherine says, it's just me (and the cat now) so you are definitely not alone in being alone!

Are you still waiting for your visa - is this why only a quick stop? Fill me in on all your news.

V.x
Hey Marooned!

Good to hear from you, missed you over on the immigration section. I got my visa on December 2nd so it's been all systems go since. Can't wait to get over, need some sunshine to stay sane!

Glad I'm not the only 'loner' on here, we can be a minority group together! Once I get internet access over there I will be in touch,

MERRY XMAS everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Lil
Old Dec 25th 2008, 2:27 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Hey Jan -

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting "plugged in" to the community as I get connected through this group, through the children's school chums, through church activities, and casual conversations.

I generally have a positive outlook on life. No worries for a wobble here and there, it's to be expected. We just made a very large step, coming to Australia, it's Christmas time and we're missing family and friends. All normal. If we weren't experiencing some of that, I'd be more concerned.

I look forward to meeting you in the days ahead.

Catherine
Hey tiger22, just to let you know ,there is more off us here in Terrigal, just up in the hill. So, don't even think about being on your own, phone, email anyone of us, thats what friends are for. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Eamon.
Old Dec 26th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

We are moving into our home in MacMasters beach tomorrow. Our time here in the Terrigal Holiday house is ending. We have to be out by 9am tomorrow.

I welcome all visits, and offers to connect with people. I will be calling - and have already called some, right Jan?

I hope you all had a delightful time with family and friends over Christmas. My son really enjoyed taking his new boogie board out for the first time here in Terrigal beach.

See you at the get together in January!

Catherine
Old Dec 26th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Karen
[email protected]
4382 2092
I should be able to make it although Stu wont as he will be at work that day. Its my day off so as long as nothing untoward happens.

Dont know where you live though so can you PM your address.

Cheers Jo (the slim goodloooking one)
Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:59 am
Sooooo chilled out now...

kpeters84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joho
I should be able to make it although Stu wont as he will be at work that day. Its my day off so as long as nothing untoward happens.

Dont know where you live though so can you PM your address.

Cheers Jo (the slim goodloooking one)
Hey everyone,

A few of you have asked if the meet up is still on for Wednesday 7th Jan 2009 - yes it is!

My place in the afternoon when you feel like it! If you need a time slot then lets say from 2pm onwards although happy to see anyone sooner!

10 Parrendi Close, Avoca. 4382 2092.

See you then. ANYONE HAVE A GAZEEBO WE CAN USE?? May be useful as zero shade at my place!

Karen
xxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.