Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NRL Grand Final - Any Britexpats Going..?

NRL Grand Final - Any Britexpats Going..?

Old Sep 24th 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default NRL Grand Final - Any Britexpats Going..?

Just got my tickets for NRL Grand Final this weekend.

Will be supporting Manly - because of Jamie Lyon and his past history with the current World Club Champions 'St Helens'

Any Britexpats going?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:14 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NRL Grand Final - Any Britexpats Going..?

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger

Will be supporting Manly - because of Jamie Lyon and his past history with the current World Club Champions 'St Helens'

Any Britexpats going?
Wish I was, but I'll have to support the Storm from down here in Melbourne while watching on the telly
Old Sep 25th 2007, 12:30 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Any Britexpats going?
Yup...
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

vgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to allvgenburgos is a name known to all

Also will be supporting the Storm from Melbourne. Have been to all three Storm games since arriving and really enjoyed them all, so am sure the Grand Final will be great - although compared to the first two the game against the Eels was a bit nerve wracking. After supporting Harlequins RL in the UK - is a different experience watching a team like the storm.

Shakmaty - is there a Storm pub or anything in Melbourne (central area) people go to, to watch matches.

cheers,

Vic
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:23 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vgenburgos
Also will be supporting the Storm from Melbourne. Have been to all three Storm games since arriving and really enjoyed them all, so am sure the Grand Final will be great - although compared to the first two the game against the Eels was a bit nerve wracking. After supporting Harlequins RL in the UK - is a different experience watching a team like the storm.

Shakmaty - is there a Storm pub or anything in Melbourne (central area) people go to, to watch matches.

cheers,

Vic
People usually go to the pubs in Richmond on Bridge Street before the games, and then walk down. Don't know in the town centre. Where were you on Sunday? I was sitting right behind the goal the Storm were attacking in the second half.

And where are you staying in Mellie?
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:25 am
Take it easy

Doh, just realised what you're saying

Don't know about Storm pubs, but if you fancy meeting somewhere, we could sort something out
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Sadly I have to work Sundays so will have to watch it at work in Melbourne - like I have the last two matches
I know quite a few RL fans often gather at the Station pub on Greville Street in Prahran for various games (they have the Channel 9 feed which means you can watch games live even when they're not on live in Mel ), and there's a pub on the corner of Swan and Church in Richmond which was good for State of Origin games.
It's also going to be live on the big screen at Fed Square.
And Tuesday lunchtime, if they win, there's going to be a civic reception in the city, which will be cool
I'm hoping for a Storm and Hull FC double this season
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DianneH68
I'm hoping for a Storm and Hull FC double this season
Hull who?

St Helens
World Club Champions
Challenge Cup Winners (again)
League Leaders Winners (again)
Current Grand Final Champions
BBC Team of the Year
BBC Coach of the Year
20 mtrs breast stroke
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hull who?

St Helens
World Club Champions
Challenge Cup Winners (again)
League Leaders Winners (again)
Current Grand Final Champions
BBC Team of the Year
BBC Coach of the Year
20 mtrs breast stroke
The only way to go is down
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just to update, it seems there'll be a few RL fans heading to the Station pub on Greville Street, Prahran for the match, And now I;ve been allowed to leave work early for it, that's where I'l be going too.
Go the Storm