Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NOWRA HERE THEY COME (HOMEWARDBOUND)

NOWRA HERE THEY COME (HOMEWARDBOUND)

Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default NOWRA HERE THEY COME (HOMEWARDBOUND)

Hubby and I have just got back from Manchester Airport where we left our daughter and two grandchildren, as they make they journey to Australia. It's all very exciting for them, but there were lots of tears at the airport and now we're back here with the remnants of their being here. The house looks like a hurricane hit last night (how come I didn't notice it this morning?)

I have never been so choked up in all my life and it is the worst thing I have ever had to do, but I know in my heart that they will have a great time once they settle in.

Hopefully we'll be out to visit in a year or so, until then we are going to miss them all like hell and I don't know how we will cope.

So - for all of you going to Aus, good luck to you and I hope it brings you everything you wish yourselves, but just take a few minutes to think of how it really affects those you leave behind - cos I tell you I have supported my daughter all the way, but it doesn't stop the heartbreak.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: NOWRA HERE THEY COME (HOMEWARDBOUND)

Oops, now there's a legacy, she didn't even log off my computer - this is from Blossom
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Sheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura aboutSheilas Wheels has a spectacular aura about

Wow, you have put a lump in my throat! Hopefully you know your daughter is going to be ok and it is only 2 plane journeys away (albeit 2 long ones!)
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:29 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Hubby and I have just got back from Manchester Airport where we left our daughter and two grandchildren, as they make they journey to Australia. It's all very exciting for them, but there were lots of tears at the airport and now we're back here with the remnants of their being here. The house looks like a hurricane hit last night (how come I didn't notice it this morning?)

I have never been so choked up in all my life and it is the worst thing I have ever had to do, but I know in my heart that they will have a great time once they settle in.

Hopefully we'll be out to visit in a year or so, until then we are going to miss them all like hell and I don't know how we will cope.

So - for all of you going to Aus, good luck to you and I hope it brings you everything you wish yourselves, but just take a few minutes to think of how it really affects those you leave behind - cos I tell you I have supported my daughter all the way, but it doesn't stop the heartbreak.
I am sad to say that most us are ripped apart by the thought of how our moving away especially if there are children involved, hurts the people we love.

I feel for you.