Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:13 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mustering
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-mustering.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:14 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta LOVE that hat
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-me.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:25 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice ute too!!! Bit dustier than Nundle...

Here's me mustering
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-mustering.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:31 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Bundy still being an aussie despite being at the very British races at Newmarket...
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-g-newmkt.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:34 am
She's a bird, you know

And I've posted it before, but I'm posting it again...

Our house in Oz (nicknamed The Mexican Prison).
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-prison.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:40 am
Rocket Scientist

Lots dustier than Nundle unfortunately.

This was actually the closest civilisation, about 30 miles away. this was it, just the pub, nothing else, not so much as a house!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:43 am
Rocket Scientist

Oooh look, you wanted to own a pub didnt you? Here ya go, its for sale! You could buy it

Toompine Hotel, South West Queensland
Ref: 1752

If you have vision, iniative and $375,000 this presents a golden opportunity to purchase a cash flow business attached to 3,373ha of good grazing land.

The hotel is a central meeting point for the locals and an interesting tourist stopover.

Recently renovated with a new kitchen.

For further information please contact:
Ray White Rural Charleville (07) 4654 2380

More information: Charleville Office
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:45 am
Rocket Scientist

Only prob is that 3,300ha wouldnt feed cr#p out there LOL. You could run about 100 sheep, just enough to kill for mutton chops for the food for the pub .
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Oooh look, you wanted to own a pub didnt you? Here ya go, its for sale! You could buy it

Don't tempt me!!! Mr Bundy has his heart set on an outback pub and he'll be packing his bags if he knows this one's for sale. Small matter of my visa, of course, but that's the kind of place he's after...

Here's Nundle pub. It's got a famous history as it was once used in a Japanese made spaghetti western filmed in Nundle! Hence the saloon doors. The current owners' family won the pub in a game of cards at the turn of the century. During gold rush time there were 52 pubs in Nundle (on for every week) most of them along one road called Happy Valley Road!
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-pub.jpeg  
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:51 am
She's a bird, you know

Only prob is that 3,300ha wouldnt feed cr#p out there LOL. You could run about 100 sheep, just enough to kill for mutton chops for the food for the pub .
Maggotty, foot-rotten, fly-blown sheep no doubt! A bit too dusty for me. I like Nundle - it gets pretty dry (especially in the last couple of years) but it usually stays pretty green.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:05 am
Rocket Scientist

The Nundle Pub looks like a spaghetti western . With 52 pubs no wonder it was called Happy Valley Rd .

Originally posted by bundy
Maggotty, foot-rotten, fly-blown sheep no doubt!
Thems the ones!

Ok it would be more than 100 but still not many! We used to have 83,000 acres (um about 30,000ha?) & ran about 5000-6000 sheep in a good season. Down to 2500-3000 in a drought (3 of the 5 years I was there!) So 3,000 ha isnt gonna run very much out there! Probably leasehold as well, most of it is out there.

Its 77 kms from Quilpie & about 120 kms from Thargominda, & absolutely nothing in between & nothing there but the pub, I dont think even Mr Bundy would be mad enough to want to buy it! Quilpie is a virtual city compared with Thargomindah, but I wouldnt be writing home about either of them .

At least Eulo (the closest town I mentioned earlier) despite being tiny had a bit of character about it & of course the famous Paroo Track where they hold the world lizard racing championships. All class, just like Mr Bundy at Newmarket!

Wanted to go to the races at Newmarket while we were in UK, but didnt get a chance, just went & visited, but of course everything was closed cos it was winter .
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:14 am
She's a bird, you know

The Nundle Pub looks like a spaghetti western . With 52 pubs no wonder it was called Happy Valley Rd .

Thems the ones!

Ok it would be more than 100 but still not many! We used to have 83,000 acres (um about 30,000ha?) & ran about 5000-6000 sheep in a good season. Down to 2500-3000 in a drought (3 of the 5 years I was there!) So 3,000 ha isnt gonna run very much out there! Probably leasehold as well, most of it is out there.

Its 77 kms from Quilpie & about 120 kms from Thargominda, & absolutely nothing in between & nothing there but the pub, I dont think even Mr Bundy would be mad enough to want to buy it! Quilpie is a virtual city compared with Thargomindah, but I wouldnt be writing home about either of them .

At least Eulo (the closest town I mentioned earlier) despite being tiny had a bit of character about it & of course the famous Paroo Track where they hold the world lizard racing championships. All class, just like Mr Bundy at Newmarket!

Wanted to go to the races at Newmarket while we were in UK, but didnt get a chance, just went & visited, but of course everything was closed cos it was winter .

Never underestimate the power of Mr Bundy's insanity. It knows no bounds. But he's a NSW boy and I can't see him wanting to live anywhere other than his home state...

We were living on a small property - 20,000 acres, 8000 cattle, 6000 sheep and 4000 goats. Never saw many goats though, so god knows where they were hiding!

You missed out on Newmarket! We go every year to the Countryside Alliance raceday at the end of May and it's great. No lizard racing in these parts though.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:18 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by bundy
Never underestimate the power of Mr Bundy's insanity. It knows no bounds. But he's a NSW boy and I can't see him wanting to live anywhere other than his home state...

We were living on a small property - 20,000 acres, 8000 cattle, 6000 sheep and 4000 goats. Never saw many goats though, so god knows where they were hiding!

You missed out on Newmarket! We go every year to the Countryside Alliance raceday at the end of May and it's great. No lizard racing in these parts though.
Yeah, we were there just after xmas, so nothing was happening. Might see if we can go when we go back this time. You'll probably be there still, we will have to get together!

20000 acres must be fairly big by Nundle standards. Places around there I imagine would mostly be alot smaller than that.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:24 am
She's a bird, you know

Yeah, we were there just after xmas, so nothing was happening. Might see if we can go when we go back this time. You'll probably be there still, we will have to get together!

20000 acres must be fairly big by Nundle standards. Places around there I imagine would mostly be alot smaller than that.

It's a deal - if you come back here while will still here (ie before next summer), we'll take you to Newmarket. It's only a 15 minute drive from where we are. When are you next coming over???!!

Wombramurra, the property we were on, is pretty big, but there are bigger properties - one at 37,000, another at 36000. ANd just up the back of Nundle there's a property thats about 325,000. The there's Kerry Packer's place at Elliston, a couple of hours away, and that's something like 90,000. But you're right, there are a lot of hobby farms around Nundle too.
Old Apr 1st 2004, 11:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Memories of Toompine

Toompine Progress Association

Toompine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.