Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now we're REALLY visa'd up!!!!!

Now we're REALLY visa'd up!!!!!

Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now we're REALLY visa'd up!!!!!

Another big:
YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Got our passports back this morning - WITH VISAS INSIDE!!!!!

Sent them last thursday, so 5 days inc, the weekend, not bad eh?!

Its really real now!

We are officially PR!!!!!!! :scared:
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Now we're REALLY visa'd up!!!!!

Originally posted by steandleigh
Another big:

Its really real now!

It's a great feeling isn't it. Don't forget to check that the passport numbers are correct on the individual stamps. Someone on here didn't check theirs and ran into problems when they emigrated!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Troood,

thanks for that, what exactly am i looking for?

Please explain in idiots terms!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Hiya Troood,

thanks for that, what exactly am i looking for?

Please explain in idiots terms!

If you look carefully at the stamp in each passport you will see a long number on it. It should be the same as your passport number. Just double check that the numbers are correct. I haven't got my passport with me but the numbers might have your date of birth included in them. Take a look at it and it'll make sense (I hope). If you get stuck let me know and I'll dig out my passport when I get home tonight
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hmm...thanks for that...now I'M STRESSING!!!!!!

This is what we've got: ( on the bottom line of the visa sticker :

4xxxxxxxx<<<<<UK<<xxxxxxF<BN<136<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The first lot of numbers correspond with my passport number - except - THE END NUMBER IS MISSING!!!!!

I know that after the 'uk' bit, is our dates of birth, backwards, plus 'm' or 'f' for male or female, and im presuming the end bit is 136 - our visa class?

Why are we all missing the end number?

HELP!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:46 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Just checked my old visa for you and the bottom line of it the first digits are my passport number, all digits there.

Does that help?!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi BKate,

kind of helps...looks like we may have a bit of a cock up on our hands.....

theres four of us and all our passport numbers are missing the last digit.
Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:50 pm
Go Banana's !!

Another big:

Its really real now!

Must be the season for it

Well done

Jill

Old Apr 20th 2004, 12:53 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Oh dear, you never know they may have changed their system!! At least you know and can have it fixed, hope you have time.

Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Really pleased for you Leigh..............now it is our turn!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:36 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi BKate,

kind of helps...looks like we may have a bit of a cock up on our hands.....

theres four of us and all our passport numbers are missing the last digit.

Hiya Steandleigh.......

first ov all contras on gettin ure visas.......

just checked ours and like u say the date ov birth backwards and the 136 sub class.... but sorry to say all 7 ov our passport numbers r in full

good job ya noticed...... hope ya get it sorted soon...

love boomie

xxxxxxx
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Hmm...thanks for that...now I'M STRESSING!!!!!!

This is what we've got: ( on the bottom line of the visa sticker :

4xxxxxxxx<<<<<UK<<xxxxxxF<BN<136<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The first lot of numbers correspond with my passport number - except - THE END NUMBER IS MISSING!!!!!

I know that after the 'uk' bit, is our dates of birth, backwards, plus 'm' or 'f' for male or female, and im presuming the end bit is 136 - our visa class?

Why are we all missing the end number?

HELP!!!
Don't get too stressed - that's exactly how it should be. Think its just their kind of joke to wind up the Poms !!!

Mine is the same and I have been over to validate - just as long as the passport no is correct you are OK
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:41 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Boomie
Hiya Steandleigh.......

first ov all contras on gettin ure visas.......

just checked ours and like u say the date ov birth backwards and the 136 sub class.... but sorry to say all 7 ov our passport numbers r in full

good job ya noticed...... hope ya get it sorted soon...

love boomie

xxxxxxx

looked again......

the number at page one also has a number missin...... have u checked it against that like me?

cuz the visa number tallies with that rather than the laminated one under ure picture....

that number does have an extra number b4 the letters GBR....hope ure ok ....now...

love boomie
xxxx
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Boomie
looked again......

the number at page one also has a number missin...... have u checked it against that like me?

cuz the visa number tallies with that rather than the laminated one under ure picture....

that number does have an extra number b4 the letters GBR....hope ure ok ....now...

love boomie
xxxx

Yeah, there is definitely a number missing somewhere beween the long strip number on the bottom of your passport and the visa but it seems just to be a random number added to your proper passport number (top right of passport photo page). Hope that makes some sense to someone
Old Apr 20th 2004, 1:50 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Another big:

Its really real now!

good on ya lass!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.