Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now only 3 weeks to get 457 Visa...

Now only 3 weeks to get 457 Visa...

Old Oct 16th 2001, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Teri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really niceTeri M is just really nice

I`ve just checked the Australian High Commission web site, where it states that the processing time for Long Stay Business Visas is now 3 weeks... this used to be 4 months. Have they made a mistake, and if not, how on earth can they do this in such a short time? We thought we`d have to wait at least 4 months, to give time to get medicals, police checks etc...

Can any of the Migration Agents on this site advise please?
(Or anyone else who has any information on this)
Thanks.
Old Oct 16th 2001, 10:19 am
Alan Collett

Presumably because all the staff that were working on points based skilled migration
have been moved to handling 457 visas ...

Alan C

Teri M wrote in message ... I`ve just checked the Australian High Commission web
site, where it states that the processing time for Long Stay Business Visas is now 3
weeks... this used to be 4 months. Have they made a mistake, and if not, how on earth
can they do this in such a short time? We thought we`d have to wait at least 4
months, to give time to get medicals, police checks etc...

Can any of the Migration Agents on this site advise please? (Or anyone else who has
any information on this) Thanks.

--

Old Oct 16th 2001, 12:30 pm
George Lombard

Hi Teri,

Our last 457 through London took four days, but what the AHC site isn't telling you
is that all the nominations would have been approved onshore already; you can bet
that independent executive cases would take longer. Alan might be right that staff
are already moving out of skilled processing to other areas.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au Teri M wrote in message ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 17th 2001, 7:36 am
Just Joined

serviced is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I recieved notification of sponsorship approval from DIMA on August 17th - we got the 457 Temp Res forms and sent them to the AHC by the 28th and what with medicals and the like (X-ray for me, X-Ray and full workup for my wife) its actually taken a total of 7 weeks thus far, where the AHC website says 3. However, we recieved a letter from the AHC requesting that we get X-Rays and medicals done EXACTLY 3 Weeks after sending off the original forms so maybe the dates on the site relate to this. We have since been told that a) these processing times were times taken AFTER receiving the full medical results and b) that it should say 4 weeks anyway so it's a bit confusing to say the least - still - here's hoping.