Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now living in Coorparoo, Brisbane.

Now living in Coorparoo, Brisbane.

Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

GreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really niceGreenTea is just really nice
Default Now living in Coorparoo, Brisbane.

Hi folks,

My family and i have just moved to Coorparoo, Brisbane. and are just trying to find our feet.

does anyone have any advice on where to go, what to do? its all a bit foreng to us and could do with a few pointer in the right direction.

By the way we have been in Australia for 7 weeks now and wasted our first 4 weeks in Wellington point, thinking that I cold travel easily to the city by train from there. What a mistake that was. I got the train many times back and forward from Roma street to Wellington point and Cleveland, and found that the train took almost an hou to travel a mere 22klm as it stopped at every little station on the way and thinking that you have travel time to and from the train at each end, its just too much.
I moved to Australia hoping that one thing that I could reduce commute times thus have more home time with the family, bayside suburds dont allow this unless your in one of the expensive places that you cant affor anyway. So basicaly we have been forced into the city by the commute.

Sorry for the rant but had to be said, however still enjoying it so far just require to find work.