Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now I've done it!

Now I've done it!

Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:41 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Now I've done it!

This morning I handed in my notice at work.

We are still waiting to exchange contracts on our house sale, and are also waiting for residency visa for my wife.

But after thinking it through, we decided to go for it with my resignation, as it should allow us to stay on track to reach NZ by end of September (I have a one month notice period). Worse case and the house sale is delayed, I will need to beg for some contract work with my employer...

Feeling good about this now - its good to get something moving at least. Hope those legal idiots in our house chain sort their sh** out soon.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 12:45 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

good luck to you both!

I must admit that handing my notice in is the bit i can't wait for! it's still a long way off though, as i haven't sent my skills assessment off yet, but it's the little things like these that keep me going!

Anyway, i hope it all goes well.

Leigh
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Now I've done it!

Originally posted by southerner

We are still waiting to exchange contracts on our house sale, and are also waiting for residency visa for my wife.

But after thinking it through, we decided to go for it with my resignation, as it should allow us to stay on track to reach NZ by end of September (I have a one month notice period). Worse case and the house sale is delayed, I will need to beg for some contract work with my employer...

Feeling good about this now - its good to get something moving at least. Hope those legal idiots in our house chain sort their sh** out soon.

Well done! I am dreading telling my boss. I don't want to deal with all the parents coming up to me asking where I am going etc. ( downside of working in a public position!) I wish I could just skulk off somewhere!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

barry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nicebarry&carol is just really nice

Done exactly the same yesterday ! Was goinbg to go at end of year but have decided to go earlier (end sept) and the wife/daughter to follow. Good luck to you !!
Old Aug 20th 2003, 3:04 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I to cant wait to resign!

Mines even written now and I cant hand it in until this time next year.

Even thinking aboput it has bought a smile to my face! : )

TT

Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi B

Good move!! I'm sure you'll be on track for September. Good luck

Tori
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

philj6969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to you, I cant wait to hand in my notice too. My boss was great about the whole thing as I had to ask for an employers report for my TRA assessment (passed it last week) and couldnt keep my work in the dark.

Phil.
Old Aug 20th 2003, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jajpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Blair,

It really must feel good to hand over that letter!! Hope everything else falls in to place for you and you stay on target for September!!
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everybody for your support.

It sure does feel great to think we might be in the home straight, and it will allow us to get on with a few things.

Keeping ourselves occupied while we're waiting for other things to happen is important, as idle minds tend to drift towards "what if it all goes wrong?" type questions.

So, now I need to organise work leaving drinks. That'll be fun.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

And so the journey into your new life begins in earnest

Feel like you've stepped into the unknown a little? Its going to work out for you Blair, your attitude is spot on
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on 'yer (as they say in NZ) lol.

Fantastic feeling isn't it.....hope the move back to NZ is plain sailing....summer will just be around the corner in NZ as well!

all the best

russ