Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now it's selling the flippin car!!!!!

Now it's selling the flippin car!!!!!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Now it's selling the flippin car!!!!!

Hi people,
Advice needed please

After all the hassle with the house, 1 thing we didn't need was the selling the car nightmare, basically the story is: we have a Fiesta bought on the options scheme 18 months ago, we planned on just handing it back nothing lost etc, well anyway in the small print it says we have to have paid a certain amount by the time we can end the agreement, anyway spoke to Fords the other day and they have offered us approx 1.5k less than the car is worth if they sell it tomorrow they will get the money back! but what I would like to do is sell the car privately, give them what we get for it and basically clear off to Oz !!

We will pay back what we get, but basically we cant afford to pay the lot off. What do you think will happen to us, don't like doing it but what are we to do?????
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:52 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Now it's selling the flippin car!!!!!

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi people,
Advice needed please

After all the hassle with the house, 1 thing we didn't need was the selling the car nightmare, basically the story is: we have a Fiesta bought on the options scheme 18 months ago, we planned on just handing it back nothing lost etc, well anyway in the small print it says we have to have paid a certain amount by the time we can end the agreement, anyway spoke to Fords the other day and they have offered us approx 1.5k less than the car is worth if they sell it tomorrow they will get the money back! but what I would like to do is sell the car privately, give them what we get for it and basically clear off to Oz !!

We will pay back what we get, but basically we cant afford to pay the lot off. What do you think will happen to us, don't like doing it but what are we to do?????
Dicko,

well you could alway's stay untill the contract ends

Just include it as one of the costs and keepon going.
Bye
Mark
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:53 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people,
Advice needed please

If there is a finance agreement on it mate u wont be able to sell it...u need to clear that first. Usually peeps will check on this before they part with their cash.

How u doin mate? long time to chat
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
If there is a finance agreement on it mate u wont be able to sell it...u need to clear that first. Usually peeps will check on this before they part with their cash.

How u doin mate? long time to chat

Not too bad, just waiting for the day to arrive now, we fly May 6th and popped my head in the loft yesterday, swiftly shut the door :scared:

Keep saying to ourselves we'll do that tomorrow and you know the score when tomorrow arrives
Really hectic days now, and to top it all our house buyers are on holiday, our survey is sorted, and contacts signed but no completion date yet

Keep saying to ourselves, in best Aussie speak " it'll be right!"

Speak to you soon and I'll keep you informed
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Hi people,
Advice needed please

just be carefull it doesnt burst into flame on a hot day.....u would only get market value and that would only cover what u owe on it....lmao....or take to the dealer on the fith of may and hand them a big bouncey.....then u can sort it oot later

disclaimer......first idea was a joke the second wasnt lol
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
just be carefull it doesnt burst into flame on a hot day.....u would only get market value and that would only cover what u owe on it....lmao....or take to the dealer on the fith of may and hand them a big bouncey.....then u can sort it oot later

disclaimer......first idea was a joke the second wasnt lol
tut tut naughty man
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:27 pm

Not too bad, just waiting for the day to arrive now, we fly May 6th and popped my head in the loft yesterday, swiftly shut the door :scared:

Keep saying to ourselves we'll do that tomorrow and you know the score when tomorrow arrives
Really hectic days now, and to top it all our house buyers are on holiday, our survey is sorted, and contacts signed but no completion date yet

Keep saying to ourselves, in best Aussie speak " it'll be right!"

Speak to you soon and I'll keep you informed

on the final stretch then matey...........we left loads of stuff to do on the last day to keep us busy lol we spent 6 hours clearin out.....u should have seen the pile ov shite I left outside for the council to pick up lol

You'll be right mate

Where u headin when u get here?
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Now it's selling the flippin car!!!!!

Originally Posted by biggy
on the final stretch then matey...........we left loads of stuff to do on the last day to keep us busy lol we spent 6 hours clearin out.....u should have seen the pile ov shite I left outside for the council to pick up lol

You'll be right mate

Where u headin when u get here?

Got myself a job in Brissy now, so it's worked out quite well, stayin with friends on the Gold Coast when we first arrive, hoping to get sorted for a rental first couple of weeks, dont know where yet? but start the job on the 16th :scared: got to get the kids schools etc. sorted ASAP hopefully, then it's head first into "real life"

Exciting times!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
Old Apr 13th 2005, 10:48 pm

Got myself a job in Brissy now, so it's worked out quite well, stayin with friends on the Gold Coast when we first arrive, hoping to get sorted for a rental first couple of weeks, dont know where yet? but start the job on the 16th :scared: got to get the kids schools etc. sorted ASAP hopefully, then it's head first into "real life"

Exciting times!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
remember the kids will be on holidays from 20th June thro to 3rd July, good idea to let them have some time off before they start...then get them in at the beginning of term. Ours had 2 weeks off when we got here, but I wish I had given them longer, cos they missed their usual 6 week break in the UK, and by the time the wee souls got to their long break here at christmas they were shattered