Reload this Page >

Now I really have sweaty hands :)

Now I really have sweaty hands :)

Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House For Sale :)

Hi Happy Pommies,

We sold our house 3 days ago (stc) after 13 weeks on the market for a measly £1000 less than the asking price, rejected the first offer then couldn't sleep that night aaaaahhhhh no chain etc as well,

It seems that house prices are remaining high and climbing according to whats been sold in our area (central),

These prices are ridiculous

I wish every one well on the sale of their property I,m sure you will get the price you want, if not more ...

This is the BOOMING U.K.

Best of luck to everyone,

Cheers,

Last edited by scoobydooathome; Mar 28th 2003 at 5:12 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of
Default Re: Now I really have sweaty hands :)

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Hi Happy Pommies,

We sold our house 3 days ago (stc) after 13 weeks on the market for a measly £1000 less than the asking price, rejected the first offer then couldn't sleep that night aaaaahhhhh no chain etc as well,

It seems that house prices are remaining high and climbing according to whats been sold in our area (central),

These prices are ridiculous

I wish every one well on the sale of their property I,m sure you will get the price you want, if not more ...

This is the BOOMING U.K.

Best of luck to everyone,

Cheers,
Hey Scooby,

We put our house on the market yesterday. couldn't believe 2 bed terrace in the midlands 180k! bought it less than 4 years ago for 70k, everything crossed

Cheers

Mark
Old Mar 28th 2003, 5:51 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Good result Scooby. I personally think you have just timed things to perfection, ie sold at the Midlands (-ish?) peak of the market. London peaked last July and the ripple is spreading. You'll be v glad to have sold now in about 2 years' time when your old house is on the market again for 30% less than the purchaser just paid...IMHO of course.

Cheers - Don
Old Mar 28th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Scoobs, just the tense wait for it to all go through smoothly.

Not booming in our direction, advertised yesterday and no visitors in sight
Not sure what to do next!

Mash...

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Good result Scooby. I personally think you have just timed things to perfection, ie sold at the Midlands (-ish?) peak of the market. London peaked last July and the ripple is spreading. You'll be v glad to have sold now in about 2 years' time when your old house is on the market again for 30% less than the purchaser just paid...IMHO of course.

Cheers - Don
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:09 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

Originally posted by mashiraz

Mash...

have you thought about an auction?. i heard some guy on radio 2 today about how you can sell your house quicker and for more. also you get your money staright away.
Old Mar 28th 2003, 7:48 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally posted by denhim
have you thought about an auction?. i heard some guy on radio 2 today about how you can sell your house quicker and for more. also you get your money staright away.

Take GREAT care auctions are NOT always the best way to go with VERY MANY tripping places before the end.:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Mash...
Thanks guys,

Buyers doing the survey a week on Friday, fingers crossed that we exchange contracts, can't beleive they have no house to sell

Mash,

We thought the same as we only had 4 views whilst we were selling, but you never know whats around the corner, so I'm keeping my finger crossed for you and that you get some lookers very soon ...

Best of Luck,
Old Mar 29th 2003, 10:30 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad youve sold your house sccobs..

We sold ours 7 weeks ago and panicked...but our purchaser hasnt sold theirs yet...its our next door neighbour..
As we havent yet got visas..but hoping they will be here soon..
I had a chat with my neighbour last weekend..theyve only had 4 people to view it. Those who looked were when it first went up for sale and because we said that we didnt really want to move out until july and our neighbours passed this on ....I think that it put the prosective purchasers off!!!!!
Our neighbour is going to lower thier price at Easter if they have had no further interest, because I told her that we would have to think of putting it on the market..They have had the expensive full survey done and it came back fine..but would have cost them a pretty penny. I feel mean but its a cut throat world as poor abergas has found and we have to look after number one...I dont want to be in a situation where we must leave by end September and not sold the house...

ho hum!!!!
Old Mar 29th 2003, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by yvsie
Glad youve sold your house sccobs..

We sold ours 7 weeks ago and panicked...but our purchaser hasnt sold theirs yet...its our next door neighbour..
As we havent yet got visas..but hoping they will be here soon..
I had a chat with my neighbour last weekend..theyve only had 4 people to view it. Those who looked were when it first went up for sale and because we said that we didnt really want to move out until july and our neighbours passed this on ....I think that it put the prosective purchasers off!!!!!
Our neighbour is going to lower thier price at Easter if they have had no further interest, because I told her that we would have to think of putting it on the market..They have had the expensive full survey done and it came back fine..but would have cost them a pretty penny. I feel mean but its a cut throat world as poor abergas has found and we have to look after number one...I dont want to be in a situation where we must leave by end September and not sold the house...

ho hum!!!!
Hi Ivonne,

You're right there,

How are you getting on, hope you have heard a bit more from your application, surely it must be nearly there, finger crossed for you

Cheers for now,

Keep in touch, so much to do grrrrrr
Old Mar 29th 2003, 3:24 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi scoobs,

Thanks..were getting there i hope...asked work for reference last week which i should be able to post on tuesday...hopefully will know by end of april??!!..
Old Mar 29th 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by yvsie
Hi scoobs,

Thanks..were getting there i hope...asked work for reference last week which i should be able to post on tuesday...hopefully will know by end of april??!!..
Hi Ivonne,

That sounds like good new to me

Cheers,
Old Mar 29th 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default How to fire an agent

Did a bit of ringing up to our estage agent, posing as interested potential buyer...not impressed with responses and they even said something negative about it!

No wonder no-one came to see...stamped our feet and banged their desk today, but what next?

Anyone got any views on firing the agent (after 3 weeks )?
Mash...

Originally posted by scoobydooathome
Thanks guys,

Buyers doing the survey a week on Friday, fingers crossed that we exchange contracts, can't beleive they have no house to sell

Mash,

We thought the same as we only had 4 views whilst we were selling, but you never know whats around the corner, so I'm keeping my finger crossed for you and that you get some lookers very soon ...

Best of Luck,
Old Mar 29th 2003, 6:20 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: How to fire an agent

Did a bit of ringing up to our estage agent, posing as interested potential buyer...not impressed with responses and they even said something negative about it!

No wonder no-one came to see...stamped our feet and banged their desk today, but what next?

Anyone got any views on firing the agent (after 3 weeks )?
Mash...

Depends what contract you signed. Did you sign for a certain number of weeks and is this now over. Yes give notice and fire them If you havn't and are tied explain the negative attitude of the staff to 'a friend' who was looking and demand an explanation.

Don't sit down on it this is the largest thing you own? Isn't it worth a fight?:scared: :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2003, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Contract says for period of 8 weeks, but says we can withdraw if give 7 days notice in writing. (and actually we never signed it anyway)

However if a buyer they intrduced buys it are we still liable for their fee aswell, regardless of giving notice?

I agree we won't let it rest, we are really annoyed as we don't have an infinite amount of time and don't want to be pushed into reducing the price...yet.
Mash...

Originally posted by yafm
Depends what contract you signed. Did you sign for a certain number of weeks and is this now over. Yes give notice and fire them If you havn't and are tied explain the negative attitude of the staff to 'a friend' who was looking and demand an explanation.

Don't sit down on it this is the largest thing you own? Isn't it worth a fight?:scared: :scared:
Old Mar 29th 2003, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Contract says for period of 8 weeks, but says we can withdraw if give 7 days notice in writing. (and actually we never signed it anyway)

However if a buyer they intrduced buys it are we still liable for their fee aswell, regardless of giving notice?

I agree we won't let it rest, we are really annoyed as we don't have an infinite amount of time and don't want to be pushed into reducing the price...yet.
Mash...
Hi Mash,

Sound like you spoke to some stupid tart who could'nt give a t##s,

If you haven't signed and returned the contract then the ball is your court,

But if they introduce a buyer who proceeds to buy at the price advertised or your agreed revised price then you cracked it surely

I dont think it's a good idea to reduce the price however if you do, get them to print new brochures and say nothing about the reduction, this will then make your house competitive to purchasers,

We revised our brochure, pictures and wording, maximising all the positive points of the property I think this helped ...

We also somehow managed to get a write up in the local rag (newspaper) about the property (special feature) ect also about us moving to OZ bit of a story for them to print, I think this helped

If you're not happy with your estate agent, then SACK EM and get a new one,

Best of luck and hoping for your sale,

Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.