Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now I really am worried....

Now I really am worried....

Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Now I really am worried....

Had a Mrs Choudary look at the house Saturday, has a second viewing as she wants to let the house out. That will upset the neighbours!!!! LOL

Anyway had 2 viewings today, the first woman was really, really keen. Kept asking me if we were definately moving???

Stood outside for ages talkinh to the agents. I heard her say.`Well see what thye say and ring me. The agent then said `Sure, as soon as we hear either way we will contact you on your mobile.`
They (the viewers) then sat outside n their car watching the traffic, neighbours etc for a good half an hour.

Now what if they put in an offer we cant refuse?? We havent even got our visas yet and now I am worrying that things will go tits up with the visa side of it.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Sandra, I'm sure you will hear soonish... maybe if it takes a while you could move into rented accomodation, it's worth getting that sale with the market going the way it is at the mo.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Now I really am worried....

Sandra, STOP WORRYING!!!!!!
it'll do your blood pressure no good at all mate, please please stop worrying, everything will be alright, if they put in an offer, accept it, bugger what the neighbours think (you'll be on the other side of the world!!!), you are just a few weeks away from getting your visas, i can feel it in my water mate!
sending you love and hugs
Rach xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

We wen't through the same in-decisions. At the end of the day, if you get an offer you can't refuse - got for it. Short time renting's a lot easier to get out of than trying to sell up at the end of the day. To make you feel better, our house is "still" on the market and we can't go anywhere until it's sold. We're still visa-less as well yet but it's a chance you've gotta take.

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Had a Mrs Choudary look at the house Saturday, has a second viewing as she wants to let the house out. That will upset the neighbours!!!! LOL

Anyway had 2 viewings today, the first woman was really, really keen. Kept asking me if we were definately moving???

Stood outside for ages talkinh to the agents. I heard her say.`Well see what thye say and ring me. The agent then said `Sure, as soon as we hear either way we will contact you on your mobile.`
They (the viewers) then sat outside n their car watching the traffic, neighbours etc for a good half an hour.

Now what if they put in an offer we cant refuse?? We havent even got our visas yet and now I am worrying that things will go tits up with the visa side of it.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:25 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Its only natural to worry, I think 99% of us worried at some stage if we would get the visa. How many people do you see on here though who don't get it.
I'm sure theres no reason that you won't get it & what an advantage to have the house sold when it does come through as I'm sure it will soon.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I just KNOW this woman wants the house. When they were outside talking I crept upstairs to listen to what they were saying, as all the windows were open (nosey cow arnt I)

I turned Jakes telly off, so I didnt miss anything. LOL LOL

Then all I could hear from downstairs was Toby singing at the top of his voice. `I ve been watching, I ve been waiting blah blah blah.`

I tried whispering him to shut up......when he realised that his nosey mother was nearly hanging out the window he shouted out. `Oh sorry mum, didnt realise you were listening`

Cheers!!!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Sandra

Thought the quotes below were quite apt! especially number 1 - 6!

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:31 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Yes Sandra, think of your blood pressure. Take the offer and stop worrying about it, the way the markets going now you have to.
Your visa is on its way it probably coming by snail. But you will get it..

Plan another weekend away to stop you thinking about it..

Pauline and John

ps as soon as our house is finished we are putting our house up for sale and our agents have not even put our visas in yet...

We will possibly go to someones house and use their garden with a tent and 5 kids.....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sj oldfield

Sell ! Sell ! Sell !

The visa will come through soon enough and it'll take a few weeks until you have to exchange contracts - you could always pull out at a later date. But don't worry about that, it won't come to it !

Sell ! Sell ! Sell !

Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:32 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in the same situation but we accepted the offer !!!!!!!! :scared:

Our visa is due any day now but we accepted the offer about 4 weeks ago with fingers and toes crossed there would be no problems.

We instructed our solicitor to proceed "slowly" with the contracts and so far so good everything is OK. The contract normally takes about 3 months to do and sign so I think we've plenty of time.

Should things go wrong with the visa so be it, we won't sign the contract until the visa is well and truely stamped in the passport. If the buyer starts getting frustated we will offer to pay his rent as we are not in a chain, happily he is aware of our situation and is fine about everything.

If your buyer is going to rent the property anyway you can always be the tenant until the visa comes through

Better to be sitting ready with the house sold, money in the bank than have the visa and the house not selling and no one buying :scared:

Good luck whatever you decide.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mind you, what a day I have had. Toby not at college and me and him clash big time.

Anyway he got up (at about noon!!)

Went to the gym, came back, had a bath, tarted himself up, did his hair,(He just loves himself so much) And he wasnt even going anywhere

THEN he helped me!! He hoovered my bedroom, cleaned the bathroom and swept the garden.

One question..what is he after? There is no way this lazy git woul normally do this. He usually puts his cereal bowl in the sink and runs upstairs just as I am telling him to bloody wash it up.

This is Mr Vain, who is desperate to get a job, but turned down offers for ASDA, Toys R Us, Woolies and Boots.......the reason......he has an image to live up to!!!!

All he is is a bloody tart, who dyes his hair!!:scared:
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ahhh the joy of teenagers. No wonder your so stressed.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sandra

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Thought the quotes below were quite apt! especially number 1 - 6!

1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.

2. Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your own children.

3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.

4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

5. The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

6. We childproofed our homes, but they are still getting in.

ADVICE FOR THE DAY: Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day.

LOL!!!!!!!

Never a truer word spoken!!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hey Sandra

Guess what???? It's happened here too. Had my 4th viewing tonight and they made an offer on the spot. £2000 less than asking price but can stop work (decorating ) now. Please be out by the end of July. My hubbies away for a week but have managed to speak to him, he says yesssssssssss!! The poor lady is waiting for my phone call this evening but I'm scared to ring. We have nowhere to go and have not even been requested for meds yet.

Someone want to come and hold my hand while I ring and what do I say? Apparently it's got to be legal whatever I say, we are selling it ourselves thru' internet without agents.

Sh** someone help me!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lindseyden
Hey Sandra

Guess what???? It's happened here too. Had my 4th viewing tonight and they made an offer on the spot. £2000 less than asking price but can stop work (decorating ) now. Please be out by the end of July. My hubbies away for a week but have managed to speak to him, he says yesssssssssss!! The poor lady is waiting for my phone call this evening but I'm scared to ring. We have nowhere to go and have not even been requested for meds yet.

Someone want to come and hold my hand while I ring and what do I say? Apparently it's got to be legal whatever I say, we are selling it ourselves thru' internet without agents.

Sh** someone help me!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

Lindsey

Sandra,
definitely sell now. We haven't even submitted our application yet (because we are going to front load it) but we sold our house in January so that it was one less thing to worry about. We are in rented accomodation and have setled for a house that costs us half what we were paying in a mortgage...it is really small and in a noisy area but there is nothing beter to motivate you to getting on that aeroplane!

Lindsey, I'm sure you only need to tell your purchasers that you are accepting their offer, stating what that is, and your respective solicitors should sort out the rest. DOn't worry about what to say...except not too much. When we sold our house, every time i spoke to our purchasers, I always seemed to ramble on and on and then wishing i hadn't said quite so much!!

Anyway...good luck to both of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.