Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now I know why we are leaving the UK!!

Wikiposts

Now I know why we are leaving the UK!!

Old May 24th 2003, 1:32 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by etlniwd

. We all know what Australia gets out of being part of George's gang but it's probably a lot more complex with the US-UK.
Yeah a squadron of f16,s and 5000 marines on aussie soil, just in case those indonesians get uppity.......... MM
Old May 24th 2003, 4:24 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jockney
Hey hold on what about the skier on drugs?
You mean Eddie the Eagle? Didn't win anything but got fame & fortune.
Old May 24th 2003, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bryank
ignore megawho. he's one of those sad people returning to the UK
I think that`s a bit harsh bryank - just because someone expresses an opinion which doesn`t coincide with yours doesn`t make them "sad"...
Old May 24th 2003, 8:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
it was bad but no worse than the one that won. I wanted Russia to win just for the hell of it.

The song its self was pretty shite, but maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the woman could actually sing in tune!
What was with the chains round her back side???????
Old May 24th 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
You mean Eddie the Eagle? Didn't win anything but got fame & fortune.

hmm don't remember anything about the drugs but eddies a real nice bloke..done very well for himself (good plasterer by all accounts)

he was going to buy my mates flat in cheltenham but when he 'took off' found he could afford something a tad nicer!!

currently trains at the country club in glos oppersite the skislope-

onother friend was talking to him the other day -something about a comeback..

cheers

richard

Last edited by r.bartlett; May 24th 2003 at 8:36 pm.
Old May 24th 2003, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by megawho
actually still pondering the ups and downs of staying/leaving ....but good to see the spirit of free speech lives on in this forum
Stay mate, give it more time,
Old May 24th 2003, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
I fear that the UK is coming close to being as hated by the international community as the US is.
Don't you think that's shooting way over the mark? I live in Europe and I have never heard anything like that from anybody? The war in Iraq, which I guess is what you're alluding to when talking about Blair being Bush' puppet, is here mainly seen as an American thing and the few things we do hear and read are that the British soldiers are actually going about dealing with the locals in a much more useful and productive way than the Yanks.

I don't really hear anybody or newspapers say much about Britain, it's all mostly France and Germany. As far as the EU is concerned, the Brits by opting out, as the Danes and others, of the Euro, have sidelined themselves, .- before anybody bites my head off - I'm talking about what I read and hear not necessarily what I think about this - sure Blair is seen as Bush' closest ally and his decisions not always liked, but he's also seen as the much more pragmatic and approachable and there's definitely no feeling of hate towards the UK here.
Old May 24th 2003, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ruffy is an unknown quantity at this point

As Terry Wogan said last night this is the back lash from the Iraqi war . In the building trades we have a saying the nail that stands up gets hit.
NIL points
Old May 25th 2003, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

too political for my feeble brain
Just got in from a fantastic days motorcycle racing at Cadwell Park but got bleeding soaked twice, just looking forward to better weather !
Old May 25th 2003, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all

Just because people want to do different things to you doesn't make them sad. Each to their own I think. If we all wanted to live in the same place then we would have serious overcrowding problems somewhere. We've tried Canada and they all say they want to come to England or the USA. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

There are so many things in the UK that people take for granted!! But I still think that anyone who does want to go abroad has to definitely go, because it is something that you need to try for yourself..
Old May 25th 2003, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

One mans utopia is another mans nightmare. Its better to try it and find its not for you, than not try at all. Good luck Megawho, whatever you decide to do.
Old May 25th 2003, 11:42 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now I know why we are leaving the UK!!

Originally posted by sally1968
Currently watching what passes for entertainment - the Eurovision song contest!!!!! (Sad i know!)

As i type the UK have yet to score a single point - and Turkey are winning!!!

We can't win anything to do with sport and we can't even win a song contest!! :scared:

No, actually i stand corrected - we're good at ...... rowing!!! Hmmmm......

You are leaving the UK because you are a refugee (reject), the British Music Industry is second only to America , it even made a talentless girl like Kylie a star .
Sending Buskers from Liverpool to a no count Euro song contest hardly refects the British music Industry.
Beating Australia 3 years running at Rugby is not winning anything?

Old May 25th 2003, 11:47 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
Yeah a squadron of f16,s and 5000 marines on aussie soil, just in case those indonesians get uppity.......... MM
With the the Aussie show of force in the middle East , it needs some one to look after them , goes to war with not enough men and machines to keep order in Liverpool on a Saturday night.
I am still working on the 40 year old Aussie (German built) tanks that are fit for sod all.

Old May 25th 2003, 11:48 am
Banned

Originally posted by karawara88
The idiot Blair will see the fact that Europe hates UK as a reason to be in it. At least they will get PB as a consolation prize.

Australia had you once and you failed second time lucky?

Old May 25th 2003, 11:50 am
Banned

You are doing what to make this backward country ( Australia)great?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.