Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is november a bad month to find employment in oz

Is november a bad month to find employment in oz

Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of
Default Is november a bad month to find employment in oz

Might seem a silly question but I am in construction and looking to get off the boat mid-November, I would do any job to start with, bar work, fruit picking etc. Also which city would be better for construction employment and rentals etc ?
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:25 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is november a bad month to find employment in oz

Looking for a job in November?

Sit back enjoy the summer and take a look again in March... sorry.

(Perhaps construction is less seasonal than IT work? I dunno.. you might get lucky)
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:34 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by timmerman
Might seem a silly question but I am in construction and looking to get off the boat mid-November, I would do any job to start with, bar work, fruit picking etc. Also which city would be better for construction employment and rentals etc ?
it is if you have a Mo!
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

timmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud oftimmerman has much to be proud of

A mo????
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:40 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

A mo????
sorry I'm half asleep. I meant it's a good month if you have a Mo.
Mo=moustache.

as in Movember. It's a big thing round here, raising awareness of 'men's health' by growing a tash.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
sorry I'm half asleep. I meant it's a good month if you have a Mo.
Mo=moustache.

as in Movember. It's a big thing round here, raising awareness of 'men's health' by growing a tash.
Ahhh get you now, the cancer thingy, tbh I would be landing without my tools at first anyway, surly they would be other work such as bar work etc ??
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh get you now, the cancer thingy, tbh I would be landing without my tools at first anyway, surly they would be other work such as bar work etc ??
You may be able to get bar work.You need an rsa certificate though.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Does this cost alot??
Old Aug 25th 2011, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Does this cost alot??
Under a $100 as far as I can remember.Expect lots of competition.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Any suggestions for a city that's booming with construction ??
Old Aug 25th 2011, 7:00 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

You need a certificate for bar work ? I've heard it all now.

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Old Aug 25th 2011, 8:16 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Any suggestions for a city that's booming with construction ??
Construction is in the doldrums full stop, has been for a long time.
Old Aug 25th 2011, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bcworld
Construction is in the doldrums full stop, has been for a long time.
Utter nonsense !!!! everyone I know that's went there has been in construction
Old Aug 25th 2011, 8:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Utter nonsense !!!! everyone I know that's went there has been in construction
http://www.perthnow.com.au/business/...-1226070863160
Old Aug 25th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Must be a boom in refurbs then either way I haven't seen a construction crane on Glasgow for years now !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.