Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Have started new thread, in case there are any newcomers out there who want to join us. Is anyone up for Saturday,February 24th.
Can't believe it's been a whole year since we joined the Nottm meets.
Bubbles ,Salsa and electricbaby are no longer around (no they've not died - gone to oz!)And I miss them loads.So it would be really nice to meet new people from Nottm or old friends, who are bound to end up in oz sooner than us, at a Nottm meet.
Yes, I'm feeling down and depressed, but heh, that's what these meets are about - helping and supporting others (and yes the alcohol does help!!)
Anyone who's up for a party at the end of Feb.It's Marks birthday at the end of Feb and my 40th at the beginning of March.So I feel the need to celebrate!!
Nick
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:17 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Going out at your age??? You should be at home knitting with your curlers in and a bottle of stout

Miss you too Nick!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Aussie Dreams will become famous soon enough

Count the Aussie Dreams in............

Any idea on location yet?

Nick if you pop down to furniture village at castle marina they have some new wine glasses in for you.

See you all soon
Old Jan 27th 2007, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Will check the dates nick and see if the vet is weel again by then. I reckon the doctors got it wrong, he hasn't had pneumonia, he's had Parvo! Be in touch later
love
Jo
Chin up gel, not long now

Originally Posted by Nick11
Have started new thread, in case there are any newcomers out there who want to join us. Is anyone up for Saturday,February 24th.
Can't believe it's been a whole year since we joined the Nottm meets.
Bubbles ,Salsa and electricbaby are no longer around (no they've not died - gone to oz!)And I miss them loads.So it would be really nice to meet new people from Nottm or old friends, who are bound to end up in oz sooner than us, at a Nottm meet.
Yes, I'm feeling down and depressed, but heh, that's what these meets are about - helping and supporting others (and yes the alcohol does help!!)
Anyone who's up for a party at the end of Feb.It's Marks birthday at the end of Feb and my 40th at the beginning of March.So I feel the need to celebrate!!
Nick
Old Jan 27th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Will check the dates nick and see if the vet is weel again by then. I reckon the doctors got it wrong, he hasn't had pneumonia, he's had Parvo! Be in touch later
love
Jo
Chin up gel, not long now
Please come.It might be your last meet - you never know!!Hope Steve is feeling better.Sounds really nasty.Maybe he could self prescribe some of his doggy pills !!!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

24th of Feb is good for us. Where were you thinking? We had our 1st viewers back again today and of course Steve had to behave like he was back on form...silly boy. He had to have a sleep for 1 hour and looks really ill now, but at least he's eaten today. The new AB's are helping but he doesn't think they are working well enough. The thing is he was sanding very old paintwork before all this started and I wonder if some of the dust hasn't gotten on his chest? Dont ask me if he was wearing a mask - you already know the answer to that one Been looking through the yellow pages for removal firms and cant find any that have been mentioned. Do you know who Caz used?
Catch you later. And dont worry, it wont be our last 'do' (and I'm 40 in July, so you aren't on your own! )
love
Jo

Please come.It might be your last meet - you never know!!Hope Steve is feeling better.Sounds really nasty.Maybe he could self prescribe some of his doggy pills !!!!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

24th of Feb is good for us. Where were you thinking? We had our 1st viewers back again today and of course Steve had to behave like he was back on form...silly boy. He had to have a sleep for 1 hour and looks really ill now, but at least he's eaten today. The new AB's are helping but he doesn't think they are working well enough. The thing is he was sanding very old paintwork before all this started and I wonder if some of the dust hasn't gotten on his chest? Dont ask me if he was wearing a mask - you already know the answer to that one Been looking through the yellow pages for removal firms and cant find any that have been mentioned. Do you know who Caz used?
Catch you later. And dont worry, it wont be our last 'do' (and I'm 40 in July, so you aren't on your own! )
love
Jo
I think Caz used 2 guys from leicester - never heard of them - but she was impressed with their work.Apparently Doree Bonner are in Hucknall - they'll be first on our list to call ,when the time comes!
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:32 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

I think Caz used 2 guys from leicester - never heard of them - but she was impressed with their work.Apparently Doree Bonner are in Hucknall - they'll be first on our list to call ,when the time comes!
We used Britannia in Leicester (still waiting for our stuff, arrived 25th Jan, but didn't have a full container only 18 boxes) ...loads of people here used Crown
Old Jan 28th 2007, 8:35 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Hi Guys

Looks like we will be in for this one.

Millers Barn is mid way between us and town, theres the tram from town and the food was good when we went for Andrews B'day.

(Also they serve my fav red Rosemount!)

However I had better drive since its OH B'day and Andrew has driven far too many times.

What do you think guys?

Still waiting for a CO at this rate I am sure it would be quicker to jump on a plane and do the paper work myself over there. Wonder how Weasy is getting on - have they left now?

Jodie n' Mark
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Sally, I'll look into those, you should be getting your stuff soon then? We wont be having a container either, just what we can pack in boxes. Must remember to check out your website again, haven't been for a couple of weeks.
Jo

Originally Posted by SalSa
We used Britannia in Leicester (still waiting for our stuff, arrived 25th Jan, but didn't have a full container only 18 boxes) ...loads of people here used Crown
Old Jan 28th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jodie
Last I heard from Weasy, she was completing her tour of America and was due to set off for Aus. I imagine she should be there by now. Lucky sod. The Aussie kids go back to school next week so systems should return to whatever DIMA class as normal for a while.
Jo

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Hi Guys

Looks like we will be in for this one.

Millers Barn is mid way between us and town, theres the tram from town and the food was good when we went for Andrews B'day.

(Also they serve my fav red Rosemount!)

However I had better drive since its OH B'day and Andrew has driven far too many times.

What do you think guys?

Still waiting for a CO at this rate I am sure it would be quicker to jump on a plane and do the paper work myself over there. Wonder how Weasy is getting on - have they left now?

Jodie n' Mark
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:04 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Thanks Jo - sorry to hear Steve is still unwell - maybe he ought to self prescribe he seems to have more sucess with his patients (thankfully) than the NHS

Hope to see you at the next do with a CO!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:02 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Count us in.

Mel 'n' Steve
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Been looking through the yellow pages for removal firms and cant find any that have been mentioned.
I think we are using http://www.transpakship.co.uk/ Mel's Brother used them 23 years ago to go to NZ and said they were pretty good. Any firm thats been around that long must be doing something right.

Nick its Mels birthday on the 1st and mine on the 2nd of March. With any luck we'll all get a visa as a prezzie.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
I think we are using http://www.transpakship.co.uk/ Mel's Brother used them 23 years ago to go to NZ and said they were pretty good. Any firm thats been around that long must be doing something right.

Nick its Mels birthday on the 1st and mine on the 2nd of March. With any luck we'll all get a visa as a prezzie.
Ah all the best people are born in March! Jodie, there may be a problem getting us in at Millers barn,if there are more than 10 of us.They won't be able to sit us all together,we asked before and they said no. Any other ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.