Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Old Mar 21st 2007, 4:59 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Hi all,

This will be our last post in this country. We are all packed up and ready to go, leaving tomorrow.

No doubt we'll catch up with some of you in the future.

All the best with your visa applications, hope they all arrive soon. good luck with house sales etc.

Mel 'n' Steve
x
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

bethnphoebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck to everyone leaving sunny nottingham soon. i am very jealous. i'm still waiting for acknowledgement that application has been received. hope you all find your dreams come true.
beth
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Hi all,

This will be our last post in this country. We are all packed up and ready to go, leaving tomorrow.

All the best with your visa applications, hope they all arrive soon. good luck with house sales etc.

Mel 'n' Steve
x

Best of luck in all you do.Getting really fed up now!!!!Where's my visa lord!!!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:31 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MenAtWork
Hi all,

Mel 'n' Steve
x
Good Luck in Brissie and if you ever get fed up of the sunshine you can always come visit us in Adelaide its not always sunny there I hear

Think we might have sold the house today!! We haven't even got our visa yet - Nick I am with you on that one can you have a word with the same person you spoke to for Kizbuts please?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Good Luck in Brissie and if you ever get fed up of the sunshine you can always come visit us in Adelaide its not always sunny there I hear

Think we might have sold the house today!! We haven't even got our visa yet - Nick I am with you on that one can you have a word with the same person you spoke to for Kizbuts please?
WWWWHHHOOOO Finally exchanged contracts on house today.Moving 12th April.No going back now!!!Shippers booked for 10/11 April.Now all we need is the bloody visa!!!!!!!
Jodie and Mark are celebrating tonight as well!But I 'm sure they'll want to tell you their good news.
Looking forward to kizbut's leaving party tomorrow .We'll all be on a high!
Nick
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:52 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Good news Nick and fingers crossed for you Jodie.

Do you guys want me to go and have a word in Currie Street ? I've got everything else crossed that your visas come through very soon....

Have a great time at Jo and Steve's party and dying to know what Jodie and Marks news is.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Nick11
WWWWHHHOOOO Finally exchanged contracts on house today.Moving 12th April.No going back now!!!Shippers booked for 10/11 April.Now all we need is the bloody visa!!!!!!!
Jodie and Mark are celebrating tonight as well!But I 'm sure they'll want to tell you their good news.
Nick
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:04 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Sorry guys up to my eyes in it making sure I get my moneys worth out of the NHS before we go Dentist/Opticians -

We believe fingers toes and all that we have SOLD our house in under 3 weeks! we have had 3 viewings the board went up 9th March and we accepted an offer today pending mortgage and confirmation that the lady has no chain - so as Nick says we just need our visas pdq otherwise i will have to live with the mil for a while

Do you think I can claim Asylum in Oz?

Heard you were moving house Weasy... any news on your move yet - Good luck with it I have heard its a lot quicker in Oz than here ?

You should have waited till we got over to give you a hand!

Take care - Speak Soon

Jodie
xxx
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:07 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Jodie, fingers crossed that it all goes through.
House buying is much more sensible here. We put our offer in, the vendors accepted and contracts were signed with an agreed settlement date which can only be changed if both parties agree. We then got 2 clear business days cooling off period and the vendor got none, they can't back out or gazump. During the cooling off period we got inspections done and after the end of the cooling off period we can't back out either.

Our settlement date is 23rd April but we're renting it back to them for 3 weeks so they can do some work on their new place. We can move in from 14th May - phew.

I'll PM you our new address Jodie cos of the dog.

See you fairly soon

Lou
xx
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Weasy
Congrats Jodie, fingers crossed that it all goes through.
House buying is much more sensible here. We put our offer in, the vendors accepted and contracts were signed with an agreed settlement date which can only be changed if both parties agree. We then got 2 clear business days cooling off period and the vendor got none, they can't back out or gazump. During the cooling off period we got inspections done and after the end of the cooling off period we can't back out either.

Our settlement date is 23rd April but we're renting it back to them for 3 weeks so they can do some work on their new place. We can move in from 14th May - phew.

I'll PM you our new address Jodie cos of the dog.

See you fairly soon

Lou
xx
Crikey,that sounds soo much easier than here. Does the estate agency system work the same over there as here, or is it more like America.What inspections need doing? Being really nosey,as you can be our guinea pigs in all things adelaide!!!TEE HEE!!!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Nick & Jodie
Fingers crossed for the visa fairies next week.
Have a great time at Jo & Steves leaving do.......soon be your turn

Nick
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:09 am
We Have Arrived!

Need to change your title lucky gits you are there and from the newsletter we get sounds like you are having a ball.... Can't wait for our turn!

Thanks for the good wishes ... its getting scary now I have started looking at sums and interest rates and stuff!

Weasy - thanks for the pm really apprecaite the help with this.
Sounds like Oz have it sussed hope moving day goes well for you.

Take care all ....

Jodie n Mark
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Congratulations Nick & Jodie
Fingers crossed for the visa fairies next week.
Have a great time at Jo & Steves leaving do.......soon be your turn
Get fed up of saying it - but it won't be the same without you guys.How life,the kids and the naked ironer!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Get fed up of saying it - but it won't be the same without you guys.How life,the kids and the naked ironer!
Lifes great Everything is just so easy here! Naked ironer is no more. Hes been at work for 2 weeks now, he's landed on his feet luckily.
The only struggle is that we are both working full time which is hard, luckily my parents are here to help us. I start p/t after easter so things should calm down. Still managing to work my way through the wines though
Work is good now that i have settled in and i work with a lovely bunch of people.
Jodie I'll change Our signature!!!! Keep us updated! You'll all be arriving in Oz at same time by the sounds of it!
Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Lifes great Everything is just so easy here! Naked ironer is no more. Hes been at work for 2 weeks now, he's landed on his feet luckily.
The only struggle is that we are both working full time which is hard, luckily my parents are here to help us. I start p/t after easter so things should calm down. Still managing to work my way through the wines though
Work is good now that i have settled in and i work with a lovely bunch of people.
Jodie I'll change Our signature!!!! Keep us updated! You'll all be arriving in Oz at same time by the sounds of it!
Yep,we always said we'd be getting on that plane together!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Yep,we always said we'd be getting on that plane together!
Any news yet? I'm getting inpatient

When do Steve and JO set off?

Caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.