Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

M_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really niceM_and_J is just really nice
Default Re: Nottingham meet up in Feb!

Noooo!

I can't believe this post is 15 pages long and we've only just seen it! Guess we missed this one, hope it was fun like the last one at Walkabout.

Good to see a lot of progress with the Notts (and neighbours!) people, congrats to those with a visa already. We're sat with everything crossed now, the meds, pcc and AoS are all in the hands of those lovely DIMA folk...hopefully it will be days rather than weeks before we hear something.

I promise to keep a closer eye on this forum from now, it would be good to catch up before we all fly the nest

Marcus and Jules
Old Mar 14th 2007, 6:30 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Good to hear from you guys we thought you had left these "sunny" shores! tee hee

loads of people are leaving but we keep on recruiting.....

Sure there will be another "do" soon probably end April shall i start a new thread everyone?

please feel free to send ideas.....

Jodie
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

If the weather is nice, Wollaton went down a storm with the kids..? Ours really enjoyed meeting other kids who were leaving, once they'd stopped being shy...then they tried to kill each other playing football
love
Jo
You could come to ours for a barbie?
bring your own wine tho eh? And a couple of shrimps. Cant say we're not sociable

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Good to hear from you guys we thought you had left these "sunny" shores! tee hee

loads of people are leaving but we keep on recruiting.....

Sure there will be another "do" soon probably end April shall i start a new thread everyone?

please feel free to send ideas.....

Jodie
Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hiya Caz!

Chuffed to bits that you are settled! Haven't got a clue what to pack and what to ship - clothes wise - our mate said its been in the high 30's this week. So much for becoming aclimatised during Autumn. Oh well. So when do you think you'll be able to fit in a visit to Brisbane Caz? Have you had any rellies asking to come visit yet?

Our party is in 10 days and I have to say that Steve doesn't know whether to do a speech, he's afraid Matt put him to shame after his .

We're just sitting and waiting now, Steve finishes on Friday and its another 10 days after that before the packers come. Cant quite get my head round the fact that we will be on our way soon. Its taken so long getting to this point...nothing feels real, but Steve is getting some lovely cards and gifts from his clients, most of them bottles and of course you cant really take them with you can you ? May have a pickled liver by the time we leave . Keep us posted with your up dates, we really enjoy reading them.
Take care
love
Jo

E=electricbaby27;4513372]HI
Its all gone quiet on this thread! whats everyone up to? Matt started work yesterday!!!!! Hence he has gone to bed early tonight (hes not used to the physical graft!!!!!)
Getting cold here had to put 3/4 length trousers on today!!!!!!!
Got our shipping this week -its lovely -only a few broken glasses???? at last a comfy bed.[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Hiya Caz!

Chuffed to bits that you are settled! Haven't got a clue what to pack and what to ship - clothes wise - our mate said its been in the high 30's this week. So much for becoming aclimatised during Autumn. Oh well. So when do you think you'll be able to fit in a visit to Brisbane Caz? Have you had any rellies asking to come visit yet?

Our party is in 10 days and I have to say that Steve doesn't know whether to do a speech, he's afraid Matt put him to shame after his .

We're just sitting and waiting now, Steve finishes on Friday and its another 10 days after that before the packers come. Cant quite get my head round the fact that we will be on our way soon. Its taken so long getting to this point...nothing feels real, but Steve is getting some lovely cards and gifts from his clients, most of them bottles and of course you cant really take them with you can you ? May have a pickled liver by the time we leave . Keep us posted with your up dates, we really enjoy reading them.
Take care
love
Jo

E=electricbaby27;4513372]HI
Its all gone quiet on this thread! whats everyone up to? Matt started work yesterday!!!!! Hence he has gone to bed early tonight (hes not used to the physical graft!!!!!)
Getting cold here had to put 3/4 length trousers on today!!!!!!!
Got our shipping this week -its lovely -only a few broken glasses???? at last a comfy bed.
[/QUOTE]

DAM - better think of another leaving pressie to get you!
BTW Jodie, is all this waiting getting to you.It is me!Checking e-mails at 6.30 in morning - how sad is that!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:30 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

We have been logging the pc on every morning at 6 since the TRA app went in!

How sad am I???

We have had a lovely email from our agent this morning stating she recd the original police checks and she knows the meds arrived 26th Feb so she has put a bottle of champers on ice and expects to be able to drink it for us within the next two week!!!!!

Just hope we hear about the house soon the viewers who came said they would put in an offer this week but heard nothing yet. Ho hum theres time yet.

Kizbut have you booked your flights yet? let me know when you are officially leaving and i will start a new thread re a weekend at Woollaton Park or somewhere similar for the kids.

CU soon

Jodie
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jodie

We fly on the 4th of April with Singapore Airlines. Only 20 more getups! The packers come on the 29th March and I still have a tumble dryer and small freezer I cant seem to sell...our buyers were supposed to sign their contract on Tuesday, so I'll be ringing the agent to see if they did. The cats are probably going to the CPL on Saturday. Dont be sad. We have a family friend who runs the place so I KNOW they will be well cared for and be found good homes. Just wish the dogs had passed their blood tests, they have to be re-done next week. Talk about cutting it close, but it seems to have been like that all the way through this.
love
Jo

How sad am I???

We have had a lovely email from our agent this morning stating she recd the original police checks and she knows the meds arrived 26th Feb so she has put a bottle of champers on ice and expects to be able to drink it for us within the next two week!!!!!

Just hope we hear about the house soon the viewers who came said they would put in an offer this week but heard nothing yet. Ho hum theres time yet.

Kizbut have you booked your flights yet? let me know when you are officially leaving and i will start a new thread re a weekend at Woollaton Park or somewhere similar for the kids.

CU soon

Jodie
Old Mar 15th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

How sad am I???

CU soon

Jodie
So did she end up scanning the pccs or did she send the originals.Am confused now as our agent scanned them and sent us back the originals!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:09 pm
We Have Arrived!

no she said we needed to send the originals even though we had scanned them in bet your agent had them certified at their end as true copies of originals. That was an option for us but would have cost more so we just sent the originals.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

KahunaBlue is on a distinguished road

Jodie[/QUOTE]

We'd love to come guys. Don't know Nottingham all that well, so can't give you any ideas I'm afraid. We're off on 1st June - seems ages away but still have loads to do though!

Fingers crossed that everyone gets their visas as soon as!

Karen

Last edited by KahunaBlue; Mar 15th 2007 at 1:29 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KahunaBlue

Jodie
We'd love to come guys. Don't know Nottingham all that well, so can't give you any ideas I'm afraid. We're off on 1st June - seems ages away but still have loads to do though!

Fingers crossed that everyone gets their visas as soon as!

Karen[/QUOTE]

June 1st is around the time we're hoping to go!Fingers crossed!!!!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

no she said we needed to send the originals even though we had scanned them in bet your agent had them certified at their end as true copies of originals. That was an option for us but would have cost more so we just sent the originals.
Forgot to say Jodie - got an e-mail off our agent this morning.She's sent an e-mail to our co chasing the visa.Hopefully any time now - wouldn't it be great if we both got ours tomorrow!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:22 pm
We Have Arrived!

Cool but I would be sooo drunk and Mark and I are flying Saturday morning.... will tell you more Friday
Old Mar 17th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

If there are any of you that aren't leaving us in the next month....

Do you fancy a meet up? We would defo be up for it...

Sam xx
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi

Would love to meet up not leaving just yet.

j

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.