Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Notification of visa + stickers

Notification of visa + stickers

Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

smwtorrington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notification of visa + stickers

Had our pre-grant letter sent to us by email whilist on hols in oz on July 26th and arrived home on 13th August to find letter also in post. The letter requested the bio-pages for our stamp in and out for the trip we were on (as I had previously informed them i was on hols in July/august). sent them via fax as soon as we landed... now waiting for grant letter... (fingers crossed). Can anybody tell me whether they also email the grant letter or do DIMIA only contact at this latter stage by post, previous threads dont really shed any light on this.

Also just wondering whether you are still able to queue at Australia House in London to get your stickers (once you have the letter) there seems to be conflicting views on this; the DIMIA obviously prefer you post... anybody got any recent experience on this ????

cheers

Scott
Old Aug 20th 2004, 11:37 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Notification of visa + stickers

Originally Posted by smwtorrington
Had our pre-grant letter sent to us by email whilist on hols in oz on July 26th and arrived home on 13th August to find letter also in post. The letter requested the bio-pages for our stamp in and out for the trip we were on (as I had previously informed them i was on hols in July/august). sent them via fax as soon as we landed... now waiting for grant letter... (fingers crossed). Can anybody tell me whether they also email the grant letter or do DIMIA only contact at this latter stage by post, previous threads dont really shed any light on this.

Also just wondering whether you are still able to queue at Australia House in London to get your stickers (once you have the letter) there seems to be conflicting views on this; the DIMIA obviously prefer you post... anybody got any recent experience on this ????

cheers

Scott
I think it depends on you CO as to whether they e mail you. We got an e mail off our CO yesterday saying we can use the e mail to have our passports stamped and we don't have to wait for the letter to arrive which will be here next week

You cannot go to AHC in London you have to use the postie and put in stamped addressed envelope, we're using special delivery service, god help us, I have no faith in Royal Snail :scared:

Walla
Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by walla1
I think it depends on you CO as to whether they e mail you. We got an e mail off our CO yesterday saying we can use the e mail to have our passports stamped and we don't have to wait for the letter to arrive which will be here next week

You cannot go to AHC in London you have to use the postie and put in stamped addressed envelope, we're using special delivery service, god help us, I have no faith in Royal Snail :scared:

Walla
I totally agree with you about Royal Snail, but we sent our passports off on the Saturday via the Special Delivery Service which costs about £8ish and they were sent back on the Tuesday! How quick was that!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:00 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Bird
I totally agree with you about Royal Snail, but we sent our passports off on the Saturday via the Special Delivery Service which costs about £8ish and they were sent back on the Tuesday! How quick was that!!
Good for you Big Bird

Our's are going off this Saturday and I hope they get back as quick as yours or even back at all!! Using same service as you did

Walla
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by walla1
Good for you Big Bird

Our's are going off this Saturday and I hope they get back as quick as yours or even back at all!! Using same service as you did

Walla
Good luck - its a fantastic feeling when they return!!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 2:27 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Big Bird

Hi Big Bird,

My hubby and sons' passports were sent by special delivery to AHC on Wed 18th, so judging on yours, we should get ours back by Monday 23rd at latest!
Hope so coz I hate waiting and I'm not a fan of Royal Snail either!!!

Shell
Old Aug 20th 2004, 5:55 pm

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Big Bird,

My hubby and sons' passports were sent by special delivery to AHC on Wed 18th, so judging on yours, we should get ours back by Monday 23rd at latest!
Hope so coz I hate waiting and I'm not a fan of Royal Snail either!!!

Shell
Just to give some added reassurance, we sent our passports to AHC via special delivery on Monday (the 16th) and got them back on Thursday! They seem to be very speedy at the moment!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 7:40 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by saraliz
Just to give some added reassurance, we sent our passports to AHC via special delivery on Monday (the 16th) and got them back on Thursday! They seem to be very speedy at the moment!

Cheers, it's good to have some reassurance, coz I was a bit worried about sending them by Royal Snail!!!

Thanks for letting me know

Shel