Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nothing lasts forever...

Nothing lasts forever...

Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Nothing lasts forever...

Isn't it funny how certain things in your life that seem a big deal at the time, quite suddenly get re-prioritised?

A few months ago, I was worried about TRA statements, and now we are just waiting for one to be signed, I'm worried about something else.

At the time, our worries seem huge and take up our thoughts and you think they will never come to an end.

I know when my Mum was ill, I thought my world would end but she surprised us and got better.

I know lots of you out in Australia get so incredibly homesick and you think that will never get better and there will not be a light at the end of the tunnel. There is a light, you just have to find it.

Well I have to tell you my latest worry to get it off my chest.

Abdel is shortly going back to his country as his mum is critically ill and it will be the last time he sees her.

Trying to get insurance for this was hard as it was classed as a 'war zone' and his safety cannot be assured.

So all thoughts of TRA have gone out of the window, which is probably as well and I will get the certified copies off next week when the last statement is signed.

I am absolutely terrified about him going back when there is a civil war going on and political unrest.

You don't realise how much a part of your life someone is until your safe and secure world is tested to the max.

So whilst I will be starting Uni, instead of rushing home to tell him about my day which he was looking forward to, I will anxiously await his phone calls to see if he is OK.

If there is one thing I have learned in the past year, and that is nothing lasts forever.

That means no matter how bad things seem at the time, we don't know what the future holds and there is no point in dwelling on what you cannot change.

I am holding on to that, he has to go to his country, he has to see his mum and what will be will be.

I will patiently wait by the phone for him to call and probably spend all my spare time on BE

If any of you are feeling desperate about your situation, talk to someone, anyone because you really do feel better for sharing.

And to those of you that are homesick, I feel so sorry for you but as I know from personal experience, the more you 'pick at the wound', it doesn't heal.

Nothing lasts forever and life really is too short.

There, I feel better now.

Samantha
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nothing lasts forever...

Sam, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Abdel
Hilaryxx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Sam, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Abdel
Hilaryxx

Thanks Hilary.

I experienced a huge learning curve when my mum was in hospital and Doctors told us she wouldn't make it, heart, lung and kidney failure.

Within 10 days she was home.

And you soon realise, certain things are out of your control and I try not to let little things get to me now.

I know homesickness is going to smack me hard in the face in Australia.

But I also know that certain life experiences have enabled me to deal with it.

And I have always been a 'fly by the seat of my pants' kind of girl and will just battle it out.

I look back on the last year and think 'Jesus girl, how did you do it?'

As do many people on this site probably ask themselves with their situations.

There are so many on here that have really been through it.

We are all tougher than we think.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

When my dad died suddenly 2 years ago it felt like my heart had been ripped out.
It was just as painful seeing my mam suffering. You think you'll never get over these things and you dont, you learn to accept it.
You are right Sam we are tougher than we think.
Take care
Hilaryxx
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:16 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Sam.....< <<<<<<<< HUGS >>>>>>>>>>............................Love D x
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:18 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))))) )))

Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:19 am

Needed that.

You going to Sandown Donna?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:24 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Needed that.

You going to Sandown Donna?
No Hun....i am working and it's a bit far for me

Are you going ?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:27 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi PP,
As you say, life is for living now and we have to take each day as it comes.
We're going through some tough times at the moment too, but we have to remember that there are many other people who are having an even tougher time than us, so we're grateful for everything we've got.
I'm sure Abdel will be absolutely fine and it's only natural that you will worry about him.
Take care
Julie
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by DIMO8
No Hun....i am working and it's a bit far for me

Are you going ?

I have booked the same hotel as Rooksie

So what made your hubby change his mind?

Have you put in your application yet? You have had your skills done?

Im so excited for you.

When do you reckon being out there?

If we have another meet, we can drink to it.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Hi Sam, my thoughts are with you, try and hang in there, sending you some karma Kathy
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by pako
Hi Sam, my thoughts are with you, try and hang in there, sending you some karma Kathy

Cheers Pako.

I think 90percent of what we worry about probably doesnt happen.

I reckon as soon as he gets there and calls me I can relax a bit.

Thousands have been killed by extremists.

But, Im not going to think about it too much (thats a laugh).

Im feeling like a bag of hormones, anyone got any chocolate?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I have booked the same hotel as Rooksie

So what made your hubby change his mind?

Have you put in your application yet? You have had your skills done?

Im so excited for you.

When do you reckon being out there?

If we have another meet, we can drink to it.

Yaeh we will definatley have another meet up.....it was so funny the last time.

Did you not get my email about Oz.......i explained it all in there
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:37 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

[Im feeling like a bag of hormones, anyone got any chocolate?[/QUOTE]

Yes thanks
Old Sep 15th 2005, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Yaeh we will definatley have another meet up.....it was so funny the last time.

Did you not get my email about Oz.......i explained it all in there

No, but then my firewall has been playing up and things I send dont get there and when someone sent me an ecard, I never got that either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.