Nother newbie..

Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Terry.d is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nother newbie..

Hello everybody,
I'm also new to this forum. It seems to be a very informative site, been reading some of the articles, logs etc and already picked up a lot of great info.
I was granted my visa(136 skilled) about two weeks ago,(along with the wife and kids),I am an electrician so I'm going to be looking for as much info as poss about getting licensed etc.My wife is a registered nurse so she'll also be asking for any help about jobs etc.Our eldest has just had his GCSE results and has gone back to school today to start 'A' levels.
We are going (or coming) to Oz in Feb 07 to do a rekkie of Perth and Brisbane, so we can make a final decision about where to settle, although Brisbane seems to ahead at the moment. This is mainly because of what we are hearing about property prices in Perth. I also have a sister and bro in law who will most likely settle in Brisbane.
We are also in a bit of a dilemma about when to make the final move we’d like to come ASAP but don’t really want to upset our son mid way through his 'a' level study, I would really appreciate it there is anybody out there who has had a similar situation and can help with options that would allow us to move sooner while still enabling our son to gain the required qualifications for university entry ..

Anyway I'll have to go for now ,being called for tea,

Cheers..
Old Sep 6th 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nother newbie..

Originally Posted by Terry.d
Hello everybody,
I'm also new to this forum. It seems to be a very informative site, been reading some of the articles, logs etc and already picked up a lot of great info.
I was granted my visa(136 skilled) about two weeks ago,(along with the wife and kids),I am an electrician so I'm going to be looking for as much info as poss about getting licensed etc.My wife is a registered nurse so she'll also be asking for any help about jobs etc.Our eldest has just had his GCSE results and has gone back to school today to start 'A' levels.
We are going (or coming) to Oz in Feb 07 to do a rekkie of Perth and Brisbane, so we can make a final decision about where to settle, although Brisbane seems to ahead at the moment. This is mainly because of what we are hearing about property prices in Perth. I also have a sister and bro in law who will most likely settle in Brisbane.
We are also in a bit of a dilemma about when to make the final move we’d like to come ASAP but don’t really want to upset our son mid way through his 'a' level study, I would really appreciate it there is anybody out there who has had a similar situation and can help with options that would allow us to move sooner while still enabling our son to gain the required qualifications for university entry ..

Anyway I'll have to go for now ,being called for tea,

Cheers..
welcome to the site, we never did a rekkie as we had been on hols a few times and have friends living in Perth and Sydney. Ideally I would have like to go Sydney, but as we are on SIR we decided Mandurah in WA and leave a week on Sunday
Good luck