Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

note sure what i am doing

Wikiposts

note sure what i am doing

Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of
Default Re: note sure what i am doing

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi
My hubby's a brickie (since he left school), we're heading for Victoria and we're being fast tracked.
hi salsa ,hope you dont mind me asking,can you tell us more about being fast tracked ,we are hoping to go to Perth .My husband has been a brickie ,also since leaving school,we are using go matilda , as our agents ,were told they were very good ,cheers Terri.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:40 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
hi salsa ,hope you dont mind me asking,can you tell us more about being fast tracked ,we are hoping to go to Perth .My husband has been a brickie ,also since leaving school,we are using go matilda , as our agents ,were told they were very good ,cheers Terri.
Hi
We've paid A$500 to be fast tracked. Our agent said we'd have a reply within 6 wks. Just sent it off.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:03 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Hi Terri,
why is your name in CAPITALS it means your shouting, us geeks dont like that
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Hi Terri,
why is your name in CAPITALS it means your shouting, us geeks dont like that
Hey pompeiwill, why is your name in lower caps? us literate folks don't like it, should always capitalise names
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:11 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Hey pompeiwill, why is your name in lower caps? us literate folks don't like it, should always capitalise names
Its 'Eats shoots and leaves' all over again.
I read that, but soon forgot it all.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by STEVE&TERRI
hi carole ,we are applying for a skills visa ,my husband is a bricklayer ,i am a auxilary nurse.

Hi guys,
we are living in Newport, and we are in the midst of waiting on our visa. We only started in January 05, so you maybe surprised that it won't take that long. We have found that the sale of the house will hold you up!!!

Our friends have already gone, they left for Brisbane its been a few weeks now.

If you have any questions we will be more than happy to help, a couple of bits of advice always make two copies in case anything gets lost especially if they are certified documents. And the other thing don't bother with an agent, it is not that difficult to go it alone.

Good luck and no doubt we will speak again.

Best Wishes
Carol and Ian
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:29 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi
We've paid A$500 to be fast tracked. Our agent said we'd have a reply within 6 wks. Just sent it off.
I take it you mean TRA?

They do seem to be coming back much quicker these days, ours was only 6 weeks (1st time was 16!)
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:29 am
Just Joined

Doritos is on a distinguished road

Hiya fellow Newportians,

Hope you were not in the midst of the robbery shooting in Commercial Street like we were on Monday!

Did you go through the TRA assessment? We're just starting to get things together and wondered how quickly/stressful was it going alone without agents? We can get 18yrs references etc etc related to modl job but I'm still worried about messing up on small details. Appreciate any tips.

Cheers,
Doritos.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Doritos is on a distinguished road

Oops, just realised I've posted an inappropriate question in the lifestyle & culture forum. sorry about that
Doritos.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:46 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bridiej
I take it you mean TRA?

They do seem to be coming back much quicker these days, ours was only 6 weeks (1st time was 16!)
Yeah sorry. Don't really understand all the jargon, leaving to the agents i'm afraid.
Getting a bit nervous as there have been some 'fails' on here lately!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

STEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud ofSTEVE&TERRI has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=jskogsta]In my head it is also, sort of, a good thing that this process takes time. It gives the applicants real time to consider what to do. It is a pretty big step and it would be helpful to be as prepared as can be.

good luck,hope everything goes well for you, you do seem really prepared hope you love your new life.